Can I use Yamabond on half moon's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I use Yamabond on half moon's

I'm doing my valve's on my 650. The service guy at my local dealer said to use some Yamabond on them. The part's guy said he has always put them in dry. No sealer needed. But when I told him the service guy said to use Yamabond, he sold me some Yamabond #4. It says it is "semi drying". Is this something that I want to use. If not, what do you recommend. Thanks.

I use threebond 1104 (or 1194) on them. it appears to be the same as yamabond #4 from what I can find.
    De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Yamabond will only work on Yamahas.
      NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
      Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

Originally posted by 1980GS1000E View Post
        Yamabond will only work on Yamahas.
        Actually laughed out loud!

I use Honda oil in a Yamaha..

The last moons I did didnt get any "sealer" at all.
        But they were new. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.
        The used ones on the 850 leak, no sealer.
        sigpic

82 GS850
        78 GS1000
        04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
        .................________-|___\____
        ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

The main thing I'm worried about here is it says it's "SEMI DRYING". That sounds kinda like something that shouldn't be mixing with my oil. But what the hell. I'm goin for it.

Comment

You won't harm anything, and it is fairly easy to remove when you go to change the valve cover gasket.

Comment

I use a thick loogie.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                I use a thick loogie.
                C'mon guy! You made me snort pizza outta my nose!

I usually use a thin smear of gasket sealer on the curved part of the half-moons. This last bunch I installed with the lip on the inside. Since I use a Real Gasket, I tapped them into the head with a small hammer and a straight piece of wood to seat them a little.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by Quick Cal View Post
                  I'm doing my valve's on my 650. The service guy at my local dealer said to use some Yamabond on them. The part's guy said he has always put them in dry. No sealer needed. But when I told him the service guy said to use Yamabond, he sold me some Yamabond #4. It says it is "semi drying". Is this something that I want to use. If not, what do you recommend. Thanks.
                  Only on full moons and then only if you are very hairy.
                  Permatex black works well and is easily removed.

Comment

Working...
                  X