Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch push rod - something not right

Hey guys,

Just finishing up my rebuild and I was putting this little rod in and didn't feel any resistance. It basically bottomed out. Here's the rod...

Anyway, I seem to remember when I took this engine apart before that this rod did not go all the way in. And, looking at the fiche, I think this is the rod that pushes the clutch open and closed. Here's my clutch side of things after taking the pressure plate off to take a look. However, I can't seem to find anything missing or out of place. Any ideas on what I'm missing or did wrong?

Thanks guys.
    1982 GS550M Rebuilt Winter '12 - 550 to 673cc engine conversion.
    1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja
    2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle

part 15,16,17 are all there and in place ?

Comment

Hey GK, good to hear from ya. Yeah, they are all there. See the last pic. That's what I can't figure out. It's seems like the pushrods is too short but I know it's the one that came out of my bike. The clutch however is a completely new unit from another low mileage bike. I'm thinking maybe I missed something but for the life of me can't figure out what...
      1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja

Comment

Well you got me, if all the parts are there and in place, it then don't make sense..

unless the rod is wrong ?

Comment

I think I figured it out. I found a rod that I didn't know where it goes but looking on ebay it appears they now use 2 pieces than one. But, my part looks like the others on ebay but doesn't fit into the hole all the way so still scratching my head a bit. I will take a picture of it tomorrow and post it up to see if anyone else has the same part and if so, how does it install.
          1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja

Comment

Working...
          X