Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find 1100 to 1150 engine changes & specs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to find 1100 to 1150 engine changes & specs ?

Where can I find the differences of the engines from the 80 GS1100 to the last 1150 ? Id like to find the valve sizes, cam specs etc. Im also curious if I can put a katana top end from an 83 1100 on an 85 gs1150. I have a yosh head that would really wake up my new 1150. The head is still on the motor so I don't know the valve sizes. Also any info on the cost to bump it up to 1260. Id like to send someone yould advise ,the block and have them bore it to size and supply the parts for a mild street setup. I want the best not the cheapest. Thanks a lot for the help

Contact Rapidray for all your go fast needs!

Nic
    83 GS1100ES rebuild:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170032

Budget GSXR Conversion:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=200563

New to me bike: 2008 B-KING

Comment

You should be able to find the specs that you are looking for here:&nbsp; http://www.aperaceparts.com/tech.html and http://gszone.biz/<br>
      They do all of the work, supply the parts and do it in a timely manor with open communication. (You won't be ignored.)

Comment

I see KZ specs but nothing for the old GS 1100/1150s

Comment

Originally posted by Katarat View Post
          I see KZ specs but nothing for the old GS 1100/1150s
          The main authoritative source is the manuals.

Comment

Whoops. Even the factory manuals don't show valve stem lengths. As I currently don't have one of each apart, I cannot measure them for you either.
            Perhaps one of the most frequent posters has these specs somewhere. Have you tried PMing to Steve or Ed?

Comment

all the parts will interchange but the big part is the 1260 kit(larger liners needed) and then you have to split the cases.
              you really need to pull the "yosh" head and see if it has larger valves than a stock 1150 head
              1100 head=27mm/23mm
              1150 head = 28mm/23mm
              1100=18mm wrist pins
              1150=20mm wrist pins
              1100=87 tooth basket
              1150=89 tooth basket
              i wouldn't worry much about factory cam specs...
              .340 webs are far better than anything suzuki offered for these bikes.
              Last edited by blowerbike; 10-08-2014, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Feel free to call me at 714--356-7845. If you get my voice mail, leave a message & I will call you back. I will be glad to help you & I do GSXR head to GS bottom end conversions all the time.
                Ray.

Comment

Is the 83 1100 Katana engine in good running shape? If it is put it in that 1150 chassis the whole engine. Then you can build the 1150 engine at your leisure and your time and to do it right.
                  My stable
                  84 GSX1100EFG-10.62 @ 125 mph 64'' W/B.
                  85 GS1150-9.72@146mph stock W/B.
                  88 GSXR1100-dragbike 9.18@139.92mph/5.68@118mph.
                  98 Bandit 1200-9.38@146mph/6.02@121mph.
                  90 Suzuki GS 1425cc FBG Pro Stock chassis 5.42@124mph
                  06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph
                  00 Honda elite 80 pit bike

Comment

Sorry, I saw Katana & was thinking late model with the GSXR type head. To put that head of your 1150 bottom end you would have to change the 1150 cylinder studs to 1100 studs.
                    Ray.

Comment

Which would require helicoils to reduce the hole size in the block right ?

Comment

not sure what or who you are asking but...
                        1100/1150 studs are the same thread size/pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Katarat View Post
                          Which would require helicoils to reduce the hole size in the block right ?
                          No, the threading is all the same. The stud lengths are just different for each head.
                          Ray.

Comment

Would that require helicoils to use the smaller studs in the 1150 block ?

Comment

Did you read my post above your last post? Again, the stud threads are the same, only the stud LENGTHS are different.
                              Ray.

Comment

Working...
                              X