Time to repaint need color advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to repaint need color advice!

I was hoping to custom mix for a black cherry look. I was told to mix candy apple red with a darker shade of red to prference This person is not a reliable source when it comes to painting. I figuered I would get some good advice from here. I know there are some kick a$$ paint jobs on here and would love to join them. I will pay respects to the paint gods for any advice given. Thank you

If you stop by an auto parts store such as CarQuest or maybe Napa that sells paint supplies to local body shops they can show book of paint chips to choose from. Then, all you have to do is pick one and they'll mix it for you. If your looking for something that isn't quite what is shown, they will help you find the color.

Comment

Thanks. Will look into it.

Comment

The paint guy and I decided to try something different and got a black cherry of sorts by spraying black first, followed by a highly reduced (think ghost flames) metal flake red, followed by 3 coats of clear. At night it looks black, but all the metal flake pops when the light hits it. The painter said he laid the metal flake on from a "distance".

Thanks,

Comment

Thats the way i was told to do it but he said to use candy apple red cause its more of a "see thur" color.

Comment

house of kolor

if you're doing this yourself, find a source for House of Kolor and you won't be sorry. Triple deep black, followed by a coat of candy apple red, followed by intercoat clear. If the red doesn't pop enough, add another coat of candy over the intercoat. One more coat of intercoat clear to see what it's like with a clear. if that gets it for you, top it off with a clearcoat or two or three. You're probably looking at about 200 bucks for paint, hardener, reducer and thinner. try www.TCPglobal.com for their selection.

Comment

Working...
            X