Rear light help-Need one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear light help-Need one!

I am looking for a rear light that will look good on my cafe seat-I dont want anything huge and was thinking of doing the recessed light thing or get one that mounts low on the side with the plate--Any help would be great----Boy my rear looks nice--Paints only 1st coat though---Thanks!!

side mounted mini cats eye with blue dot would look retro cool

Comment

Is this what you're refering to, sonny?

Zerofreeze,

I seriously want to see more pics of that bike! Especially since it's shaft drive.

Welcome to the forum.
      Last edited by Guest; 07-27-2008, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Dual Function red turn signals wired to brake switch. No center.

Comment

Thanks Craiger--
          Think thats the one Im going for-- Ya, Bike is a 1983 gs 650GL Shaft drive-Picked it up off Craigs list like a week ago for get this $525.00!! Mileage is at 13000 miles--I will post the before and after pics--Just finished designing and welding the new seat brackets--Its gonna look sweet- Ill be sure to post pics tommorow when the seats done and has the black cover on--This site has been a HUGE help for me so thanks to EVERYONE for their info!!
          Attached Files

Comment

AFTER!!!!--Still need to Wrap the exaust--Going old school-- and finish paint--

Comment

Wow. I'm really liking that....and would like to do something similar with my '80 850G project.

Looking forward to more pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Craiger View Post
                Is this what you're refering to, sonny?

Zerofreeze,

I seriously want to see more pics of that bike! Especially since it's shaft drive.

Welcome to the forum.
                that is close but that one is a full size not a mini cats eye , just looked i cant find the mini cats eyes , but i do love catseyes thier so late 60 early 70s cafe cool

Comment

Nice bike! AND you're from R.I. Bet you don't see many cafes around there. Why don't you add the smaller tombstone light sold on ebay? Not really much is going to hug that fender since its been bobbed. You may end up with some type of side configuration, but just be sure its visible from both sides. Post more pix when you can-thats a quick turn around from the way you bought it.

Comment

Ya RI is mostly Harley guys and the younger crowd is rice burners-I didnt want to fit in-I had sold my ps3 on Ebay so had a good amount to spend on her-So I was up one night and just ordered EVERYTHING--Was strippng the tank the nite I picked up -Painting and wet sanding (In my bathtub!!,The fiance wasnt to happy with that and now almost done-- I still may try to do an oval chromed trimed light and recess it in the fender-Side mount scares me a little -just want to be seen when brake is on......but bike is orange-dont think anyone wont see me--I did weld the modified mounts for the seat yesterday and will take the pics of it tonite- It will help other guys with cafe seat mounting --Thanks for the tips guys!!

Comment

Working...
                    X