Cooley replica replica colours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooley replica replica colours

Ok folks, now I'm torn what to do with the GS1000 build. Do I go for the regular blue/white that everyone has, or do I go for the red/white that not many have. I love the blue/white as it's Zook colours, but being a guy who likes stuff that other people don't have, I'm kinda inclined to go for the red/white. It's really growing on me.

Blue

Red. Mine will look pretty much exactly like this with the spoked wheels.

If I go for the red/white, I'll have to paint the FJ as well. Everybody knows that you can't have two bikes with the same paint colours.

I say go red and white; I'm like you, love the scheme and it's a little different.

You just don't see any red/white scheme's on this side of the pond. Was it an option for the US or Canada?

Comment

Another red/white paint combo to ponder, Rudy.
      They are ALL beautiful.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I like the first red/white/orange colour scheme myself.
        Cheers

Comment

I was just mentioning my 1980 GS1000S race bike in my GS650E/Katana upgrade thread.

Mine was Red and White, even though everyone wanted the Blue and White Wes Cooley bike. (Mine was right off the factory floor and everybody accused it of being a USAF bring back from Europe.)

Back then seemed like everyone had a version of the bright green Eddie Lawson and I got a lot of fans from the group that zigged away from Kawi' and to anything else competitive. (Does anyone else remember when Bright (Triumph) Green was considered the Death Color?)

I also campaigned a Ducati single, but was never tempted to give it Mike Hailwood inspired British colors or Italian motif. I still yearn for a SR500 Manx replica though and as my conscious thought turns to fog it's got that beautiful Isle of Man Brit' tank!

However who could own a Yamaha 2 stroke without the Yamaha Red and White or King Kenny Yellow and Black paint scheme? (My RD400 was Blue; I guess I was just a throwback!)

Thanks for letting an old dinosaur ramble on...

Comment

Hey thats my red bike. If u like pics of the paint up closer send me a PM with ure email address and ill post better pics. By the way its all original paint execpt for the fairing but i have the standard one here if u want pics of that.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpy View Post
              Hey thats my red bike. If u like pics of the paint up closer send me a PM with ure email address and ill post better pics. By the way its all original paint execpt for the fairing but i have the standard one here if u want pics of that.

PM sent

That's a FINE looking bike man! Just wondering, where did you get that fender? I'll need a different one as my original chrome one is rusted out on the mounting leg.

Comment

?

The front fender is off a GSX 550 esd but its a 18inch, sorry

Comment

Hey Sharpie - Nice bike - interested to know what size are your VM's - and what # main + pilot jets does it run? Do you have a standard air filter or K&N?
                  Looking for info for my project.

Jack.

Comment

Decal dimension request

Ok, met with the decal guy tonight. Had a good chat about stuff. Realized that there are two different schemes. There's the one that is on the bike in the first pic that I posted, then there's the one from Sharpy. Look carefully and you'll see it.

The one like on Sharpy's is gonna be easier to do, and I happen to like it better. But from the looks of it, there's gonna be three colours to it. Black, copper(?), and white. So, I guess that raises the price for that a bit too. Anywho, if I decide to go through with all this, he's gonna make plans for each design while all my parts are there for the sizing.

I've seen both designs in blue and white, but Sharpy's is the only real original red and white bike I've seen.

In order to make these up for me, I'll need a little help from you guys. Obviously I don't have original "S" bodywork to go off of, so I'll be looking for decently detailed pictures and size references for Brian to go off of.

Dimensions that he'll need to know are:
                    -thickness of each line in the stripes
                    -dimensions of the "SUZUKI" on the side of the tank, as well as any other logos
                    -couldn't hurt to have as many dimensions as possible for things like stripe location

He said once the designs are made, he'd like to make them available worldwide. I'll post up pics and info when the project is well on the way.

I hope that having all designs available will help keep people from painting their "S"es horrible non-stock colours. There's not that many cherry originals around, so I figure every one that's saved is a good thing.

PM me with any info or pics you have. You could email pics as well. As big of file size as possible is best.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                      Ok, met with the decal guy tonight. Had a good chat about stuff. Realized that there are two different schemes. There's the one that is on the bike in the first pic that I posted, then there's the one from Sharpy. Look carefully and you'll see it.

The one like on Sharpy's is gonna be easier to do, and I happen to like it better. But from the looks of it, there's gonna be three colours to it. Black, copper(?), and white. So, I guess that raises the price for that a bit too. Anywho, if I decide to go through with all this, he's gonna make plans for each design while all my parts are there for the sizing.

I've seen both designs in blue and white, but Sharpy's is the only real original red and white bike I've seen.

In order to make these up for me, I'll need a little help from you guys. Obviously I don't have original "S" bodywork to go off of, so I'll be looking for decently detailed pictures and size references for Brian to go off of.

-couldn't hurt to have as many dimensions as possible for things like stripe location

He said once the designs are made, he'd like to make them available worldwide. I'll post up pics and info when the project is well on the way.

I hope that having all designs available will help keep people from painting their "S"es horrible non-stock colours. There's not that many cherry originals around, so I figure every one that's saved is a good thing.

PM me with any info or pics you have. You could email pics as well. As big of file size as possible is best.
                      Im not positive, but the SUZUKI decal is likely available thru ReproductionDecals.com, might check there as they have authentic reproductions of ALOT of the more "sought after" zooks...

Comment

Bugger looks like i have to get the ruler out. The stripes are black, orange, white then the red paint. Post pics and info in here over the weekend for all to see.
                        Originally posted by rudy View Post

Last edited by Guest; 11-13-2008, 05:45 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                          Im not positive, but the SUZUKI decal is likely available thru ReproductionDecals.com, might check there as they have authentic reproductions of ALOT of the more "sought after" zooks...
                          Josh, already looked. They have the sets for the more common scheme as in the blue/white picture I posted. I'm more inclined to go for the same scheme as what is on Sharpy's bike. Have also noticed that their "red/white" package does not have the orange stripe along with the white and black, as Sharpy's does. Maybe it's a thing with the different schemes, maybe it has to do with the different colours. Don't know.

By the time it's all done, getting a set from reproductiondecals.com will likely run me just over $200 Canuck bucks with shipping. If I get charged customs, a little more. If I can get a local guy to make me something exactly what I want for relatively the same price, I'd rather go for that. Brian is a perfectionist. I know he'll do a good job.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpy View Post
                            Bugger looks like i have to get the ruler out. The stripes are black, orange, white then the red paint. Post pics and info in here over the weekend for all to see.
                            Sharpy, any help you can give me would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Rudy, i have a fairing in the paint scheme you are looking for. I got it from Simon? years ago. It is a replica fairing but the colours and spacing are correct.
                              If you feel like a road trip, i am about 2 hours from you if you wanted to borrow it for a template. Canada Post might make a mess of it.
                              Steve.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                              X