No announcement yet.

Clock rebuild on a budget.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jack, thanks for the kind words, yep, know what you mean, long ago I had a cheap speedo on one of my bikes and it used to jump around something terrible, thought I would lube it up so climbed in with a can of oil, well the viscosity was too thick, and as you pushed off the speedo would peg against the stop, it was like being directly connected to the cable.........lesson learned

Comment

Yes Ed has the finished recrimp down pat. You can take clear box tape and put it around the redline areas and make some fine pieces for the white lines. Then you can repaint the red blocks and the needle tips as well. Youll have nice fresh and bright redlines.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Yeah Chuck, you guys do good work, me, I got two left hands and ten thumbs, now that Jennifer is being brought back to her former glory, those clocks won't do anymore, so they will be redone again, the faces are going off to Speedo Services for refurbishing, like I said, two left hands and ten thumbs.

Comment

We didnt get it right the first try either!! Heck it took me about 20 tries to perfect my silk screening technique for the 78 1000 switch boxes. I fully understand that you had better get the guage faces right the first time though!! Any paint under running the tape, bad lines with the tape edges..whatever and your screwed and tattooed.
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
            Now that Jennifer is being brought back to her former glory, those clocks won't do anymore, so they will be redone again, the faces are going off to Speedo Services for refurbishing,
            Hate to dredge up this old thread but I need to.

Stan, do you think your speedometer mechanism (the guts) is still good enough to reuse, or do you feel it is past it's shelf life?
            De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Working...
            X