two part rattle can question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

two part rattle can question

I recently painted my bike semi gloss black, using many picked up on this site and am very pleased with the results! Thanks everyone! I just have a couple more questions I haven't been able to find a solid answer for...

One is will a rubbing compound change the sheen of the paint finish? I want to protect the paint job as much as I can, and a good coat of wax does that swimmingly, but I want to retain the semi gloss look I have achieved.

Two, is how long does it take for a tremclad spray bomb so cure enough to be waxed? The tank picked up a tiny scratch that will need to be buffed out, but I could just throw another coat on it...

Thanks for sharing all the knowledge

With Tremclad, wait for a week at room temperature before you do anything really. It takes a while for it to actually cure. Tremclad also makes a decent clearcoat. You should look into this as well. If you're gonna do that though, make SURE that the base coat is fully cured. I'd recommend 2 weeks at room temps.

Air movement also helps a lot with curing. A little fan or a heater would work well, or put it somewhere air moves quite steadily.

Comment

Working...
    X