1100E tail on a kat? like or dislike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100E tail on a kat? like or dislike

Any comments? Dude saw this in a magazine and asked me to do it to his bike. Disregard the seat. It was butchered by the upholsterer and is being redone.

Last edited by katman; 02-11-2009, 08:07 PM.
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Looks pretty good, just have to imagine it's silver like the rest of the bike.

BTW what front end is that?

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
      Looks pretty good, just have to imagine it's silver like the rest of the bike.

BTW what front end is that?
      Actuall that is doner bodywork. His isn't back from airbrushing yet. The cosmetics will be the color of the tail.

Frontend, swinger and wheels are zx12, fender is ducati
      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

that usually works quite well......that one however ....and no offence meant here ...just looks wrong .maybe if the seat had 6 inches or so taken out and the whole rear moved forward a tad it would work better .

not quite my thing but each to their own

Comment

Originally posted by saffa View Post
          that usually works quite well......that one however ....and no offence meant here ...just looks wrong .maybe if the seat had 6 inches or so taken out and the whole rear moved forward a tad it would work better .

not quite my thing but each to their own
          I agree. Had that exact discusion with the owner. Wanted to shorten the seat or at least stretch the swingarm. Personally I think it looks too long for the wheel base.

That being said, thank goodness we all don't think alike or we would all have the same bikes.
          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Looks good Rob,

I think it would look even cooler if it were extended

joe

Comment

I like! I think it will look fine completed, with the plate bolted in place, and the tail painted silver......maybe even a small hugger. I suppose it would look wrong to Katana purists though.
              Tony.
              '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
              Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

I like the look, but it just hangs to far out the back.
                I am not a fan of long swingers on the street, so I guess if it were mine (I wish) I could cut the seat.
                Cheers

Comment

If I might be so bold

I was curious how it would look so I shortened the seat by about the length of the rear tail light, colored in the tail section about as well as I could to match and extended the side cover.

I think this is looking pretty cool.

Pos

Comment

Originally posted by Mysuzyq View Post
                    I like! I think it will look fine completed, with the plate bolted in place, and the tail painted silver......maybe even a small hugger. I suppose it would look wrong to Katana purists though.
                    Tony.
                    The whole bike is going to be black. The tail section and fender are the only body parts with the right color. The rest are still out at the painters.
                    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Maybe if you had a rear fender on there it might help, but it looks just a hair too long.

Comment

It looks really good with everything matching up flush, the angles match, it is a bit long. If the tail light ended where it starts it might look better

Comment

I like it but agree with the others .. little too long ..

Comment

Well...

That's friggin' ugly

Comment

Meh. It looks Ok. Never was a fan of that tail anyway, nor the lunchbox headlight. If it was shorter, I think i might like it more.

Comment

Working...
                              X