Exhaust and Saddle Bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust and Saddle Bags

Ok I just purchased a set of saddle bags for my 82 GS1100L... they seem to get a little warm on the bottom from the Vance n Hines 4 in 1 thus trying to melt the bottom of my bag. Is there anyone else that has had this problem and how did you solve it?
    The exhaust is not touching the bags, but seem to be getting heat at low speeds and idling at stops signs.
    Is there some kind of product or trick that can be done to the bottom of the bag?

Ok I forgot to mention that the bags are "Leatherlike" material.

Comment

How about some reflecive tape?

Comment

depending on how hot they get you might be able to get away with the heat reflective tape
        or make some heatshields for the bags to sit on

Comment

LOL you could always wrap a coupla thermo-couples around the pipes and hook them to some fans to blow on the bags.

Comment

Originally posted by terrylee2u View Post
            Ok I just purchased a set of saddle bags for my 82 GS1100L... they seem to get a little warm on the bottom from the Vance n Hines 4 in 1 thus trying to melt the bottom of my bag. Is there anyone else that has had this problem and how did you solve it?
            The exhaust is not touching the bags, but seem to be getting heat at low speeds and idling at stops signs.
            Is there some kind of product or trick that can be done to the bottom of the bag?
            Hi, I know this is an old post but do you have any photos on how you mounted these? Wondering how to keep them from rubbing on the tires and not interfering with the turn signals.

Many thanks!
            -Bob

Comment

Originally posted by littleroot View Post
              Hi, I know this is an old post but do you have any photos on how you mounted these? Wondering how to keep them from rubbing on the tires and not interfering with the turn signals.
              If the bags are going to be mounted full-time, you can make some brackets to keep them away from the tire.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
              X