Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 850G with Vetter Quicksilver fairing

Hello,

I and some fellow GS'ers have been toying with using a Vetter Quicksilver on an 850G. Couldn't find a picture anywhere to give me an idea as to what it would look like.
    I purchased the Quicksilver fairing with some Hard luggage that didn't work out. I ended up selling the fairing to Pacman. His 850 took a different route and we could never find the correct mounting bracket. I found one a couple of weeks ago on Ebay brand new in the box. I haven't really gotten a chance to ride the bike much with it on, so I will update with a kind of review later. I will say that the whole thing weighs about 20#s. A whole lot lighter than I thought. From my short ride at freeway speeds, it seemed to work very well.
    I am toying with the idea of mounting the 8" round headlight in stead of the square one and losing the turnsignals in favor of something a little nicer.
    Any comments appreciated and encouraged.

Jim

GS Score Card
    4-400 Series GS's
    3-500 Series
    1-600 Series
    1-700 Series
    4-800 Series
    1-1000 Series
    2-1100 series 1982 GS1100G In stable now
    sigpic

It's so ugly (). You should sell it to me! I generally don't like any touring fairing on GS's, that looks SWEET! Kind of like an old school Aprillia Futura (not that they made one long ago). Where can I find one?

Comment

Working...
    X