Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not a very good pic but.....

1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

... them yokes make the world one notch better and nicer than it was previous.
      wow

Comment

Well I started in on the master cylinder and lever and man is it a chore.

The castings are so rough it takes awhole heck of a lot of sanding to get down to polishable metal. The master is a real biotch as its all nooks and crannies. It might take a couple of hours to get it decent enough to polish. The clutch side should be easier but I'm going to have a big rethink on the switch controls.....maybe a bit o black ain't going to be the end of the world.

I'm kinda thinking it might just have been better to leave it be. Oh well I've started now so I guess I better keep at it.

Cheers,
        spyug

Comment

I stripped mine..cleaned them all out and did a semi polish on them and highlighted the lettering in red..wanted a brushed look and not a high polish.

Comment

Best way to clean off powercoat is fire, no lie...Anything that had been coated before, easier result is to burn it off. Some acid strippers do ok but take time and multiple applications, if you just want to paint over, You can scuff and paint like normal. If you want to re-coat the shop just needs to clean it spotless, heat it and recoat it hot. I worked in powercoating for years...Any questions ask away

Comment

Working...
            X