Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The New Tank is ON!

And a lovely tank it is too.....

Bought NOS off Ebay from JT Cycles of Battle Creek Michigan. Hated to wreck the immaculate red paint, but blue and black is the sexiest, HEAR ME, SEXIEST!!!, of all the paint schemes.

I used a Porsche color code, L39C - Midnight Blue Metallic. I can't tell the difference, but sharper eyes might. I have ordered a set of '80-'81 sidepanel badges and was thinking of attaching them to the tank. I'm having second thoughts, since any gas spill is likely to cause the glue to become soft and runny. Shoe Goo?

The biggest problem now is that I have to wash the rest of the bike to do the tank justice.

Congrats! Looks great--I agree--blue is best!

Comment

I must concour....blue is damn sexy

Comment

Originally posted by Roger P. View Post
        I have ordered a set of '80-'81 sidepanel badges and was thinking of attaching them to the tank. I'm having second thoughts, since any gas spill is likely to cause the glue to become soft and runny.

Put the decals on and have it clear coated. Or leave it alone.... It does look nice.
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Another plus for the color!

Eric

Comment

Be careful - one thing leads to another and the next thing you know, you've got a bare frame and a bunch o parts headin' off to the powdercoaters!

Looks really nice!

Comment

Working...
            X