Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you didn't like 'flat rat paint'...

A wee movie... http://www.flickr.com/photos/furtherwest/4374158853/

Alpha versionStill needs some idiot lights for the idiot, a speedo and the steering stops remodrificated with the grinder.

Started as; 1980 GS1100E
    Fuel; Stage 3 jetting, K&N filters
    Suspension; front; GSX600 wheel, brakes and sliders on Kawa 'crosser tubes with BMW springs and every internal part modified to fit. 7 inches longer than stock and damping adjustment still works. 120/90/17 tire
    ; rear; stock wheel, new shocks with inner-tube shrouds, new C&S. 150/80/17 tire
    Bodywork; GSX600 tank with jerrican extension, Z650 tail-piece, Fairing, hand-guards and side panels made from a plastic sign. GSXR seat with goodwill store fur coat cover
    Lights; GSXR front light on home-made sub-frame with stone-guard made from two catchers masks, rear is cheapo maltese cross, directionals are cheapo led's.
    Electrical; Rewired from scratch, Electrex stator and reg/rec. Ign, hi, lo and horn run through relays with battery isolator for main switch.
    Other; BMW handlebars, old-school metal hand-guards, reg/rec mounted on big ally plate for heat-sink, Mac 4-1 pipe, 10" side stand extension
    Things to do; better (brighter) directionals, brace headlight sub-frame, nitrous

This one I like, at least a little imagination went into it before the hacksaw did.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

o geez....
      hope thats a show bike at least.

Kev

Comment

Originally posted by coolksprt View Post
        o geez....
        hope thats a show bike at least.

Kev
        lol... why is that?

Comment

yuk............

Comment

truthfully cant see myself riding it around town so would be a show bike for me...dont know what kind of reaction there would be, but im sure there would be a couple of thoughts about it.

Kev

Comment

W T F ????

Comment

Definitely ... er ... umm ... different.

Yeah, that's it.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                  W T F ????
                  Uhh, I agree. Different is good, but bizzare is bizzare. Each to his own. Whatever blows ur skirt up.

Comment

NOW THATS CREATIVE! I'd ride it just to see how much attention it would get. Awesome concept.

Comment

You're all going to be mad jealous when the Zombie Apocalypse happens. Rikusa is going to get all the hardcore, surviving women in leather & tattoos while you'll be stuck in a mall with your stock GS750s. I wouldn't be surprised if his name was Max.

Comment

i'm guessing for those who didn't like it they won't like this site either.... http://www.urbanxtremebikes.com/ lol - i personally love the individual owners interpretation of what a bike should be and how it's kept going. not everything needs polishing of overpriced oem parts

Comment

Originally posted by coolksprt View Post
                          ...dont know what kind of reaction there would be, but im sure there would be a couple of thoughts about it.
                          Kev
                          oh i'm sure it'll get a reaction... unlike the latest plastic fantasic brigade on their cloned super polished hyper pieces of junk.. lol

..... and i'd hope people seeing it would have an opinion too. good bad or indifferent. all about individualism isn't it

Comment

If you do ride that you need someone on the back seat with a collar and chain like Mad Max II

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                              This one I like, at least a little imagination went into it before the hacksaw did.
                              my sentiments exactly... that other one was just plain ugly and budget. This one is ugly as sin, but it's got character. I like the close up of the zip ties on the fender crack. classic....

Comment

Working...
                              X