Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted: Pictures of Windjammer on GS1000G

Hi,
    I had this dream to put a Windjammer and hardbags on my GS1000G and to repaint it in a USA colour scheme. I have also been holding back on the repaint because of that.

Windjammers are very scarce here in our part of the world, probably due to the horrendous shipping charges to get them here. It seems that I may soon have a Windjammer V. Thanks Chuck, thanks Dale!

Does anyone have any good pictures of the GS1000G with the Windjammer V fitted as well as lowers?

Much appreciated.

Hold on, lemme find a picture of dog ****....
    Those are the gigantic triangle shaped fairings, right? I'd think it be better to find a 750/700es fairing and weld on some bungs to make it work on your 1000.

And no, I have nothing else useful to add, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Curly View Post
      Hold on, lemme find a picture of dog ****....
      Those are the gigantic triangle shaped fairings, right? I'd think it be better to find a 750/700es fairing and weld on some bungs to make it work on your 1000.

And no, I have nothing else useful to add, sorry.
      I take it you are not a fan of these!

Comment

Will this do?
        I was going to take the fairing off but after thinking about it,
        I want to paint the fairing and bags to match the O.E.M. color.

Daniel

Comment

Honestly I didn't know anyone was a fan of these "things". Why not a cafe fairing or something similar?

Comment

Honestly I didn't know anyone was a fan of these "things". Why not a cafe fairing or something similar?
            Yes, it's that "different strokes" thing going on. Some of us appreciate comfort with our fresh air.

Don't have an actual Windjammer in the stable, but there are many variations on the theme.
            Feel free to browse the links in my sig and shake your head in disbelief.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Andre, I know I have a set of pictures of an 850 with the full Vetter setup, but I think they are on my computer at home.

If nobody has a good set before I get home, I will send them your way.

SqDancerLynn1 has an 850 with Vetter equipment, might contact her directly.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                Will this do?
                I was going to take the fairing off but after thinking about it,
                I want to paint the fairing and bags to match the O.E.M. color.

Daniel
                Thanks! I am looking for pictures to decide on the colour as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  Andre, I know I have a set of pictures of an 850 with the full Vetter setup, but I think they are on my computer at home.

If nobody has a good set before I get home, I will send them your way.

SqDancerLynn1 has an 850 with Vetter equipment, might contact her directly.

Steve,
                  Thanks, please send them when you are back at home again. I now recall seeing SqDancerLynn1's bike on some pictures from BassCliff. Basically want to see colour schemes in relation to the OEM blue I am going for.
                  Keep well.

Comment

Well, you know a cafe fairing on the old girl would be like a grandma in a bikini!
                    Have a look at Craig Vetters website and see how many he sold, quite a few people wanted those in the day!

Comment

How about pictures of a windjammer V on an 850 when I finish cutting it?

80% done... hand was cramping up.
                      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

This is a pic of my '80 1000G when I first bought it in March of '09:

I believe this is a Windjammer IV.

Here it is a couple months later:
                        sigpic

SUZUKI:
                        1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
                        HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
                        KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
                        YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
                          How about pictures of a windjammer V on an 850 when I finish cutting it?

80% done... hand was cramping up.
                          Taking a quick break hey? Dale, you are doing good work as always and especially now! Your turn to smile will come when I get the pieces!

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                            This is a pic of my '80 1000G when I first bought it in March of '09:
                            I believe this is a Windjammer IV.

Here it is a couple months later:
                            Griff,
                            Both of them look very good with matched colour and stripes to the bike. Thanks.

Comment

Here's mine with a jammer IV. I just put the lowers on last week but don't have a pic yet.

Last edited by Buddy; 11-07-2010, 04:24 PM.
                              09 Yamaha Venture Royal (my first Yamaha)
                              83 Honda VT500FT Ascot (three of them)
                              81 GS650G for the wife.
                              82 Suzuki GS850GL Bought it 3 times, sold it twice, then traded for a nice 82 GS1100G AND a 93 Honda 750 Nighthawk, even WOW!
                              I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those words that should have remained unsaid.
                              If ya can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with B. S.
                              Motorcycles are like children....They should be seen and not heard.

Comment

Working...
                              X