Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some paint suggestions

Currently my bike looks like this:

When I put it all together this summer, I was in a rush to get some miles on her so I quickly threw this color scheme together. I like it but Im not in love with it So Im thinking about changing up the paint over winter. These are the colors Im thinking:

Black as main color, silver, gold striping.

Motor is also getting painted/polished. Head will be silver, jugs will be black.

I think using black as the main color, and a silver section somewhere with the gold striping and paint the logo gold with black outlining will add some class(?) to the bike. Pipes will also be changed out to a shorter 17" can and wheels will be changed out to a light gold painted spokes with a polished lip.

Anyone have any ideas how to make these colors look good? If you have time, feel free to draw something out

Nice looking Cafe project. To make it look better definitely look into re-painting the frame black though. That will cover some of your grinder marks and give it a clean set of bones.

As far as paint I think you should look at some of the triumph bonneville bikes for inspiration.

I like this scheme and i think it would look nice on a GS tank. Except where is is white I imagine it silver.

Still not really sure what to do with that tail though...

Comment

In the black, gold and silver scheme.
      McLoud
      '79 GS850
      `98 GSF1200 Bandit
      sigpic
      http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment

Your using on of the coolest bikes ever built as a paint idea. Cole Foster's Crocker bobber. It will look way cool with a tank painted like that

Comment

I like the Crocker paint job & contrasting colors but I think you need to work with the shape of the GS1000 tank and it's flat panels which lend itself well to another two tone paint job.
          1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
          Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

Working...
          X