What color should I paint my bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What color should I paint my bike?

Looking for your input on what color to paint my 1983 Suzuki GS1100E. The rims will be stock and the engine will be silver.

I won't paint my bike for a while but I thought I'd start it now to see what everyone thinks... And of course I'll be getting the decals from reproductiondecals.com.
    1. Red
    2. Blue
    3. Champagne
    4. Other

1983 red.

1983 blue.

1982 champagne.

My bike in it's current condition.
    Red
    21.43%
    Blue
    50.00%
    Champagne
    14.29%
    Other
    14.29%
    Last edited by Guest; 06-20-2011, 02:29 PM.

I'm really leaning towards the 1983 blue just because I've never seen anyone with one of those. I usually see red... But red is really cool! Another hard decision to make...

Comment

Might help to photoshop the engine to silver in those images... Its hard to visualize.

Comment

Originally posted by Adler View Post
        Might help to photoshop the engine to silver in those images... Its hard to visualize.
        I'll give it a try!

Comment

Sort of a no no with me is painting a engine the "wrong" colour. That said photoshoped it and see what is best way. have fun.

Comment

Yellow

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
              Yellow

No, not yellow!

Blue
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I was joking,The horns of the same dilemma I had with the 750.I went through all kinds of possible schemes.Choice was made a day or two before getting the paint.Half way surprised it didn't change in that time I'm really happy that my 78 1000 scheme is so obvious.

Comment

I like the champagne. I think its a very nice color. But then again I like simple schemes that aren't to flashy.

Which reminds me I have to go pick up some things for my own repaint thread to start soon

Comment

It's an '83; paint the engine black.

blue...
                    De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Please keep the suggestions coming! I still got my eyes on the blue. I guess I will have to paint the engine black. It just wouldn't look right in silver .

Comment

Silver and blue....I hear that looks nice.

Joe
                        IBA# 24077
                        '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
                        '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
                        '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nardy View Post
                          Silver and blue....I hear that looks nice.

Joe
                          Oh yeah I've seen your bike. Very nice! I also remember a bike I saw a few months ago. It had the same layout as yours but was champagne and red with GSXR mods. But for the life of me, I cannot remember his username .

Comment

Originally posted by Flaming Chainsaws View Post
                            Oh yeah I've seen your bike. Very nice! I also remember a bike I saw a few months ago. It had the same layout as yours but was champagne and red with GSXR mods. But for the life of me, I cannot remember his username .
                            That would be Isleoman....

I contacted him when I was trying to come up with a scheme for mine. He was kind enough to send me a CD with a bunch of pics. He also told me that his bike had an OEM UK paint job.....very sweet. He also has a lot more mods to his bike which make it look even better. It is one of the best, if not the best, looking bikes ever on this forum, at least in my opinion.

I hope he doesn't mind me posting a pic of his bike:

Thanks,
                            Joe
                            IBA# 24077
                            '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
                            '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
                            '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Ohhhhhhhhhh.........

Looks like your bikes could be twins . I also agree, best looking bike here, no offense to anyone else. I hope to get there one day!

So is the red part (blue on your bike) painted or is it a decal. I know that the ES was a decal.

Comment

Working...
                              X