No announcement yet.

DOT Mirrors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$54.50 seems like a heck of a deal for all of the components pictured. Maybe too good?

The drop on those bars might be a bit excessive if you plan on doing a lot of riding, and I might be a bit concerned of them kissing the tank. I have "superbike" bend bars on my 78 GS and they are comfortable and low enough to give a cafe type look w/o being too extreme to ride all day.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have since removed the Titax levers/CRB master cylinder and have gone back to stock...also added a Halcyon 820 Bar End Mirror to the left side.

Comment

Originally posted by NoH2Oh View Post
      I have since removed the Titax levers/CRB master cylinder and have gone back to stock...also added a Halcyon 820 Bar End Mirror to the left side.
      I am curious why you removed them? I always love those on your bike.
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
        I am curious why you removed them? I always love those on your bike.
        The CBR master cylinder that the PO added was not a good match with the single caliper on my GS, so I went back to the stock master and clutch perch.

The braking performance and feel is much improved, and I do like the look of the original parts better.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterCinders View Post
          Follow up question. I keep forgetting to take measurements for the handle bars, but it seems that clubmans come in a single standard size.

That is the only size I ever see. Can someone confirm that for me? If so, I might pull a trigger on this set.
          I'm positive I saw clubman bars in two sizes on one of the cafe racer website. Majority are for small bikes, but there is a larger model out there. Sorry I don't remember website, but a search of the cafe ones should be enough.

Comment

Working...
          X