1980 GS1000 switch control pics please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank Z. View Post
    You sure you want to put stickers on that nice, newly painted bike of yours? Heck, new switches only cost ya about $140.
    I have the two new switches.... I really only need the ignition decal.

I will put the stickers on the old switches and sell them on Ebay as:
    New Old Switches

Comment

Originally posted by Highway_Glider
      He's making a list,
      And checking it twice;
      Gonna find out Who's naughty and nice.
      Santa Claus is coming to town

He sees you when you're sleeping
      He knows when you're awake
      He knows if you've been bad or good
      So be good for goodness sake!

O! You better watch out!
      You better not cry.
      Better not pout, I'm telling you why.
      Santa Claus is coming to town.

DP
      Is it just me? That song makes Santa fit into a stalker definition.
      You can get a restraining order for Santa!

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
        I have the two new switches.... I really only need the ignition decal.

I will put the stickers on the old switches and sell them on Ebay as:
        New Old Switches
        Nice. Henceforth to be referred to as the extremely rare GS Sticker Switches.
        '80 GS1000ST
        '92 ZX-11
        Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

Any chance of doing additional decals, such as the one that goes on the front left fork?

My bike had an illegible label on the front left fork. I don't see it listed on the parts fiche.

Any idea what it was? Maybe air pressure label for front forks.

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
            Any chance of doing additional decals, such as the one that goes on the front left fork?

My bike had an illegible label on the front left fork. I don't see it listed on the parts fiche.

Any idea what it was? Maybe air pressure label for front forks.
            I know the one you're referring to; IIRC it was a silver foil label. Perhaps another forum member has one in nice condition and could submit a pic?
            '80 GS1000ST
            '92 ZX-11

Comment

Me toooooo!!!! I want some toooo!

Comment

I will gladly take a set for my 80 1000G. I'll try to keep tabs on the thread for when you post they are ready, thanks for all the work on this.
                Rob
                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                  I will gladly take a set for my 80 1000G. I'll try to keep tabs on the thread for when you post they are ready, thanks for all the work on this.
                  Should be receiving first batch next week sometime. Will scour previous posts and let everyone know where/when/how to send $.

Maybe I should have ordered more than 20 sets.
                  '80 GS1000ST
                  '92 ZX-11

Comment

I know the one you're referring to; IIRC it was a silver foil label. Perhaps another forum member has one in nice condition and could submit a pic?
                    I think you are correct. This is certainly not a necessity, just adds a nice touch.

Comment

Should be receiving first batch next week sometime. Will scour previous posts and let everyone know where/when/how to send $.

I've just found this thread, they look really nice, am I too late?
                      I really only need an ignition switch decal, or three.
                      I think its a really good idea I swapped out the whole panel on my S to get the white lettering on the instrument lights.
                      sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Probaly,I to could use a set.

Comment

Here, Ill save you the trouble.
                          Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          Nice work, Frank, how much for a set?
                          Put me down for a possible FIVE sets.
                          Since they appear to have two sets per card:
                          Please let me know where to send the money to (pre)pay for three cards.
                          sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Nice work Frank, you have done a good thing here, plenti gratitude to you.
                            Pity my lights have the on/off switch on the right side....damn

While you are about it, any chance of a set of gauge decals in clear, I have no doubt, the queue would be just as long.

Comment

Stan...myself anf Frank had just had a good phone chat about exactly that. I proposed the clear decals for the 77 and 78 750s as I have a set of each guages to use as templates. And Frank..May want them to send you 5 or 6 cards with just a bunch of ignition switches because they will go on a good many bikes as well. Cut them off the cards per order to ship. Myself i would need 5 ignition switch decals.
                              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Stan, If I remember correctly, someone has already made those decals you are referring to.

okay, as long as people are putting in requests for various decals, how about making the ones found on the chain guards.

here is a picture of a 1978 GS1000E fork decal.

for scaling purposes the decal is 58mm's high by 76mm's wide.

De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Working...
                                X