X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What goes around...

Daniel

Comment

I guess so, Steve gave me one of my end pieces!
      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
        I guess by the sound of things, I'll be the only one putting it back on.

Well Dale, I had a change of heart. I didn't want you to be the only one out there riding around with that little ugly faded trim ring on your otherwise what's gonna be a museum quality Skunk. So, I put mine back on! Many thanks to Dan (7981GS) for providing me the two little itty bitty end clips (NLA) What do you think? with or without? Before you answer, they're not coming off!

Here's the before pic. It think it looks great without it.

Here's a couple of "after" pics. I think it looks great also, but even more so, complete!

sigpic
        Steve
        "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Definitely will make your bike run faster, Steve.
          '80 GS1000ST
          '92 ZX-11
          Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

Steve, you already know how I'm going to answer that...
            De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

As I stated before...I like the clean look. That being said, IF..and thats a stretch..ever find really good trims and tabs then the skunks and the C will have them just because they had them from the factory.
              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I guess by the sound of things, I'll be the only one putting it back on.
                Urrrmmm....no you won't
                I have more chance of falling pregnant than finding a mint one, so I guess I am going to end up fabricating one up.

Steve, I am confused??? You didn't want to replace yours because you were afraid of messing with the looks of your bike, but from your pics, it looks as if yours is perfect still, and it looks super nice on your bike, good move.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                  As I stated before...I like the clean look. That being said, IF..and thats a stretch..ever find really good trims and tabs then the skunks and the C will have them just because they had them from the factory.
                  Just curious, you stated you like the clean look, but if you found a good set would you consider yourself lucky? or would you hate to put them on?
                  sigpic
                  Steve

Comment

If I found a set that passes muster..the first thing I would do is buy a lotto ticket. I would put them on just because it was factory. Edit..Just so you know, I have two trims and 2 more on the tailpieces in the shed that i consider substandard and wont use.
                    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                      I have two trims and 2 more on the tailpieces in the shed that i consider substandard and wont use.
                      Can't say that I blame you, but still it's nice to have them anyway.
                      sigpic
                      Steve

Comment

Working...
                      X