Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 GS650GL Grab Bar

Hi all,
    Just purchased a 1982 GS650GL. It does not have the passenger grab bar on the back and I am having trouble finding one... been scouring ebay. The OEM part is not available anymore.

Are there any aftermarket grab bars that will fit this model? Or will I be stuck with a "universal" bar that I'll have to figure out how to fit?

Thanks!

If you are patient, one might appear on ebay. Personally, I think a universal sissy bar is more useful than stock thing. My universal one uses brackets and washers combined with sliding tube within tube to fit- same bar likely fits many bikes with the right brackets.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thanks, do you have a link to the bar / brackets that you used? I am completely new to motorcycles so I'm not totally sure how I would go about identifying the right brackets for the application of a universal bar.

I got some learnin' to do.

Comment

Probably enough GS members in your area to form a third party! maybe someone has one lying around, No brand markings on mine, but if you look at pic, you'll see that it bolts to rear shock mount and then to turn signal mount.
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
        X