Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All good things must come to an end...

..for awhile, anyway.

For almost 2 years, you guys have been amazing support to Meticulous Motorcycle Painting, and to me in particular. I'll never forget the kindness.

I've accepted a radio gig in Sandpoint, Idaho, which is about 80 miles from where I live in Spokane. Radio is my first love. I did it for almost 30 years before the suck economy, and Corporate bean counters robbed me of it. It means selling my house and shop, packing up the paint gun and shutting down for awhile. The house I'm renting has a small heated shop, so hopefully I'll be able to still do some painting on the side for select customers. People like Joe, Chuck, Nardy, Rich, Frank, Mike, and more, that have often been repeat customers. I'm especially grateful to you guys.

The ever-increasing cost of materials has been the most deciding factor here. To spend $400 or more at times to put the absolute highest quality paint into each of these projects has just killed my bottom line. The amount of labor it takes to do them the way I know they have to be, has also played into it. I've had a lot of time to consider it, and it'll be nice to be getting a solid annual salary again. I've so enjoyed working with you all, and I can't express enough my gratitude to the members of this site for the incredible support that you've shown me.

With that being said, here's the final 3 GS's all polished and ready to return to their owner. Again, my deepest thanks to everyone.

Last edited by nvr2old; 08-27-2012, 04:18 PM.
    1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

It's sad to see you taking your skills underground, but we all have to do what it is meant of us. Although I was hoping to get you to do my paintwork this winter, my bike-life will go on, although it may not have quite as much depth to it as I would have liked.

I hope we haven't seen the end of your body of work as I have derived great pleasure from every job you have posted on the GSR.

If radio is your passion, go for it. It's exciting to see people get back to the things that drive them. Good luck in your new endeavour.
    '83 GS650G
    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

You are a true craftsman. Love your work. I hope you will still hang out here on the forum. I'd love to be able to get advice!

Comment

Good luck with your new endeavor! Will miss seeing your works of art.
        http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/u...00080021-1.jpg
        1978 GS1000C
        1979 GS1000E
        1980 GS1000E
        2004 Roadstar

Comment

Larry,

All thanks go to you. All of us who have had work done by you have received show quality work for Earl Scheib prices. I'm glad I didn't hesitate to have mine done!

Joe
          IBA# 24077
          '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
          '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
          '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Larry, your work and advice will be sorely missed.

I will pray all things go well for you.
            De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

New here but those are great pieces of work
              Your talents will be missed I am sure but go with what suits you.The Blue and black tank looks super nice

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I might be curtailing the painting thing for awhile, but I'll definately still be hangin' around the site. If I can offer any advice, I'd be glad to do so. The place I'll be renting in Sandpoint has a small, nicely finished, heated shop (one of my priorities while searching) in the back yard so I'm looking forward to possibly still doing some side jobs. Just gotta make sure it's OK with the landlord..and the neighbors...
                1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Man, good luck with the new gig... and thanks for the service, Larry. Care to mention which station you're with? (may be able to pipe in thru internet radio and catch your show )
                  '80 GS1000ST
                  '92 ZX-11
                  Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

I wish you well and have greatly appreciated all of your assistance and advice that you provided during my painting project. Your painting skill is so well refined I believe it is better than many shops.
                    NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
                    Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
                      I'm looking forward to possibly still doing some side jobs. Just gotta make sure it's OK with the landlord..and the neighbors...
                      Don't ask, don't tell.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Z. View Post
                        Man, good luck with the new gig... and thanks for the service, Larry. Care to mention which station you're with? (may be able to pipe in thru internet radio and catch your show )
                        Thanks, Frank. You've been a great customer.

Ya know, the station I'm going (back) to is the very first radio station I ever worked at, almost 30 years ago to the day. Same owner even, only now I'll be working for his son. They're not owned by some corporate radio conglomerate that has single-handidly sucked the life and purpose out of commercial radio. Not some piped in from God knows where, cookie cutter crap that sounds the same in every town in America. This station is what radio was, and always should be. OK, I'll get down off my soap box now. I'm looking forward to returning to this company and the people/community it serves. Internet broadcast ability is in the near future for these guys and that'll be a good thing. It's KPND in Sandpoint, Idaho, and I'll be doing afternoon drive between 3-7pm. It's a very adult, blues-based, alternative music type of format, which is very cool. I'm excited about the prospects..life coming around full-circle and all that...
                        1979 GS1000S,

Comment

Good luck with the new job and congratulations, nothing like a regular paycheque. Look forward to your future posts and I have to ask, what do you do in the radio biz?
                          Rob
                          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Hey Larry,

That's fantastic....congratulations! I wish you the best of luck.

....the bikes will always be there, if you need them.

Comment

Congratulations on getting back into something you are obviously still passionate about.
                              Are you the actual on-air voice from 3-7?
                              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                              X