Batwing fairing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batwing fairing

Hello has anyone used a batwing on their gs and how is it working out. Could you post a pic of bike with it

Not quite a batwing but it requires slightly less imagination than no picture at all.

I will tell you this: I'm not too fond of this fairing. I like the way it looks but I find that it's just the right height to blast me in the face with air. Makes for a noisy, uncomfortable ride.

Comment

Rifle Superbike with extended windshield

I have a Rifle Superbike with the optional taller windshield, and it's just about right. Not too heavy, simple mounting, excellent coverage. The taller windshield directs the blast up to the top of my helmet, just kind of grazing the top, so not too much buffeting. For a bar-mounted fairing, it's impressive. I've had this fairing on three bikes, and swear by it. Sorry I don't have a pic; I'll get around to it soon.
      1979 GS 1000

Comment

Not what I would call a "batwing" (Harley has what I think of as a "batwing"), but we like the National Cycle Plexifairing 3 on my wife's bike.

Click link in my sig to see it.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I had the plexistar 3 on my gs 1000.It offered good protection.Expensive though. To me, batwings dont look right on a 4 cylinder bike.
          future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I think I am leaning towards a windshield similar to Steve's rat bagger for cold weather riding. Do you think it would help to have a windshield I have never had one on any of my bikes

Comment

The one on steves bike is referred to as deflector shield by some companies,and prices vary for the same product company to company.From 110-125.I recently bought one from company named leatherup for $73.
              future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

I went old school with my 78 750. This fairing is a Pacifica that is true to the era. The picture makes it look a bit too large, but in real life to my eyes it fits pretty well. May give you an idea of how a batwing might look like though. I can't ride without a fairing any more. On that V-Star I did put a kinda batwing on it and painted to match and it worked out retty well. But then again it is a cruiser type.

Comment

wedoo those are great looking bikes.

Comment

i have one very similar. Its a shoei

Comment

That Shoei looks a lot like the one I have on the V-Star. I have no idea what mine is. I found it for $10 at a local bike graveyard, bought a new windshield and painted to match. I put in the $15 Walmart spots in the holes and off I went. I sometimes wish that I had something for the legs, but then I would have to go Windjammer. The Pacifica has a leather-like finish. All of these are true to the era of the bikes. One of the guys here have an actual Suzuki fairing with the matching bags ( I think) and it looks great. They seem to be few and far between though.

Thanks for the compliment Ron. That yellow bike in the foreground is a 72 Honda 350 twin and it is beautiful. Summer romance, you know.

Comment

Working...
                      X