No announcement yet.

Group buy for GS seat covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill go snap a pic real fast...one second.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Hi mattfeet,

Thanks for the photos. What is the color of the lettering on the back? White or Gold if its still there.

Comment

After riding in the hot sun the cover has stretched out a little more and the wrinkles have disappeared. I am happy overall with the cover its vinyl is good quality just the lower seams seemed a little weak but now that its not so taught you cant even see the bottom seams anymore. Service and shipping was easy I didnt want to wait and get the group buy so i just ordered it mineIt makes the bike almost look original I will upload more photos tomorrow when I get home

Comment

Originally posted by Gs1000g View Post
            After riding in the hot sun the cover has stretched out a little more and the wrinkles have disappeared.
            Yes, this is what we always advise or if you want to do it artificially we use a hot air blower.
            But parking the bike under the sun will remove all crease.
            Some customers asked since our seat covers are often shipped folded, a little crease is unavoidable and its will go away.

Comment

I used the bosses hair dryer during the installation which helped quite a bit but actually riding the bike helped also

Comment

I just saw this thread, is this group buy still open?
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Pit,

I have not seen a reply to ennui, about the '83 GS750T seat cover. Do you need a 750T seat or do you already have it covered? lol
                  I'd be willing to offer mine up for replication if it's needed. My bike is waiting it's turn, so I wouldn't need it for a while.
                  I also have an '84 Yamaha FJ1100 and an '84 Honda 750 Interceptor, if your looking.
                  :cool:GSRick
                  No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                  Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

I have an extra set of 1150 seats, too.
                    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

[QUOTE=mattfeet;2201067]Do you have this style seat for a 1979 Suzuki GS750?

QUOTE]

Which is yours? GS750 GS750E GS750L?

Comment

It is a GS750

Comment

Originally posted by mattfeet View Post
                          It is a GS750
                          THIS is the correct seat cover for your bike.

Comment

Hmm...that doesn't match what I currently have, though. Mine has a square pattern and that is ribbed.

Comment

I've got a Pit's Replica seat cover on my KZ750E. The appearance compared to stock is amazingly similar. This seat is heavily textured and they nailed the pattern remarkably well.

Unfortunately, the first cover I bought tore at the seam when I pulled it during install. The vinyl is quite thin and the sewn seam where the cover wraps around the bottom to get hooked to the pan is single layer and under heavy stress. I think a double thickness seam is in order in this location. I blamed myself somewhat for this issue because in places I pierced the cover at the seam, but I'm not sure why that seam is there in the first place since it's just single layered.

For the price I think the covers are worth the money, particularly if you are after the stock look. But if you are looking for a durable cover I'm not so sure.

Last edited by Nessism; 07-06-2015, 10:32 PM.
                              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by mattfeet View Post
                                Hmm...that doesn't match what I currently have, though. Mine has a square pattern and that is ribbed.

For Suzuki GS750 1976—1978, the correct seat cover should be those of strip version unless yours is not ( but your photo show it is ).

Comment

Working...
                                X