wet plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wet plugs

She's not running on all fours, #1 is not firing at all for a fact. I did a compression test and all seems well there, I changed the shims like a good boy so all valves are in specs, and I took the bowls off and took out the pilot jets and it looked clean, but one thing that bothers me is that the plugs are black, and some damp which means I'm probly getting to much gas to the pistons. Am I running to rich? would that cause a total miss? I'm not sure how to adjust the carbs if they are to rich. She has no power at all and is running rough.....

Originally posted by goggleboy View Post
    She's not running on all fours, #1 is not firing at all for a fact. I did a compression test and all seems well there, I changed the shims like a good boy so all valves are in specs, and I took the bowls off and took out the pilot jets and it looked clean, but one thing that bothers me is that the plugs are black, and some damp which means I'm probly getting to much gas to the pistons. Am I running to rich? would that cause a total miss? I'm not sure how to adjust the carbs if they are to rich. She has no power at all and is running rough.....
    Got Spark?
    Is this a motorcycle or something? lawnmower?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
      Got Spark?
      Is this a motorcycle or something? lawnmower?
      78' Gs750, shes got spark, in some cases it isn't a nice big blue one

Comment

If you remove the plug and it dries within a couple of mins it's not oil. So if it is black and chalky residue that remains it's probably running rich. Or only firing once and a while. First thing is check your air box is tight on the carbs and is not leaking Air anywhere. Maybe too much or too little air! Now swap the plug with another one and see if the problem moves with it. If not it's probably that carb. If it does it's a new plug etc. You can tell an awful lot from the plug!!

Comment

Working...
        X