No announcement yet.

Help with carb identification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks alot like the carbs on a KZ I onced had.
    Last edited by chef1366; 02-17-2011, 07:57 PM.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Just one throttle cable, you guys think it may be kawasaki?

Comment

Find some ID numbers on the carb body and go from there.
        De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Both the ZL I mentioned and the KZ chef mentioned had two throttle cables,a pull and a push.A fair amount of Kawasakis used this model carbs,as well as Yamaha,and of course,Suzuki.
          Outside of what rustybronco suggested,it's just a shot in the dark.
          Last edited by Guest; 02-17-2011, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Ive been all over this thing looking for serial numbers and I just cant locate any, aside from the very faint 125 stamped into the butterfly valves. I'll keep looking, but I think what I will have to do is put on a pot of coffee and just spend a few hours on ebay, looking at all the years and models of carbs for sale to try and match them up. I am thinking Yamaha because they looked very similar to those old Seca carbs, and the 102.5 main jetting is making me think of something 650cc or less.

All of my bikes that run, run well, so I do not have much use for these carbs, but they are in such good shape I wont let them rust away on my shelf either, if I can get them to the right bike so that someone can use them, and put a couple bucks in my pocket, then everyone wins.

Thanks for all the great suggestions I am going to go down the list and see what there is to be seen.

Comment

Finally got it

They belong to a FJ600, made by Yamaha for only 2 years, according to info found online. Its a perfect match to mine. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
              X