Fuel Sending Unit Float

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
    That style float doesn't spin. see the groove in the other side? the float arm lays in it. the rest of what you said is correct.

If that is an OEM picture then the float the user mention requires a rahter large bushing of sorts. The hole her pic shows is huge conpared to what is shown here.

Comment

Ohn yeah PIC 3!! Like Dale said..that style isnt supposed to spin..LMAO. Tell Josh to have his machine shop buddy fashion you a retainer that will cap the end and be fuel resistant as well!! Whatever the option is, keep it light so as not to add any unneeded weight to the float.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Jeep..Dales pics from a few ft away..not inches and exagerated to an extent like hers..
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
          If that is an OEM picture then the float the user mention requires a rather large bushing of sorts. The hole her pic shows is huge compared to what is shown here.
          uh... do you think that my thumb is really that big? haha that would be terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
            If that is an OEM picture then the float the user mention requires a rahter large bushing of sorts. The hole her pic shows is huge conpared to what is shown here.
            The hole in the float She's showing looks a bit wallowed out to me as well. but I don't think that will matter too much as long as the clip used to retain the float to the arm is large enough to span the opening.
            De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
              The hole in the float She's showing looks a bit wallowed out to me as well. but I don't think that will matter too much as long as the clip used to retain the float to the arm is large enough to span the opening.

Wallowed perhaps due to being "fixed" by a PO who got into the works.
              It would have gotten gouged out by having the wire freely float out of its groove.

Me I check me gas ate every stop and pray I do not run out.

Comment

Originally posted by kinnet View Post
                uh... do you think that my thumb is really that big? haha that would be terrible.
                Worked fine for Sissy Hankshaw.
                "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

I just slide the float back onto the L shaped arm of the sending unit. Then I wrapped the wire around once and contoured the wire around the float so as not to dig/gouge in to the float. then I used pliers to spin the ends of the wire together to tie it off. Not very scientific but works for me. Important not to use too stiff of a wire so it does not dig into the float.

Bang, done. Onto the next project.
                  1979 GS850G
                  2004 SV650N track bike
                  2005 TT-R125 pit bike
                  LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

I repaired one on my spare tank not long ago, there was a washer and I recovered it, put it back together and it fit really tight, not trusting it I crimped a small piece of tubing (fishing leader crimps) to it and it works just fine.
                    sigpic
                    Steve
                    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Working...
                    X