cyl. head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cyl. head

I have a 80 gs 750 . what years will interchange with it ? will a 1000 or a 1100 cyl. head work and what year?

no, a gs1000/1100 wont

Comment

Hi,

Have a look at the parts cross-reference documentation on my little website.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

A ''79-'82 850 head will but you lose a slight amount of compression ratio due to the slightly larger combustion chamber.
        Nothing that you would notice.
        And you would have to use an 850 head gasket.
        The 1000 head may fit but you would have to check if the valves will clear the smaller cylinder bore on the 750 or notch eyebrows for valve relief's in the cylinder bore.
        Now if you were to make the 750 (67mm) into the 850 (69mm) bore, the 1000 head will fit.

Daniel

Comment

Sparki & 7981GS are both WRONG!!!

If you have a 16 valve 750, the 16 valve 1100 head bolts on! The ports & valves are too big to run on a stock 750 though. Ray.

Comment

like john wayne said ,but I'm going to ask it anyway.what ports are you refering to? valves being to big to ? valve lift different ? what is the bore difference between 750 1000 1100.

Comment

Originally posted by willys 55 View Post
              what ports are you refering to?
              Ray's on about the inlet and exhaust ports ie the 'holes' in the head where the fuel / air mix goes in (inlet) and where the gases resulting from combustion come out (exhaust).
              79 GS1000S
              79 GS1000S (another one)
              80 GSX750
              80 GS550
              80 CB650 cafe racer
              75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
              75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Suzuki made a 4-valve 750 in 1980?

Daniel

Comment

Yup The GS 750 up thru 79 was 8 valve. 1980 up is a 16 valve motor

Comment

lol... ya see, when i see GS, that means an 8v to me.... when i see GSX that means 16V. sorry, t'was lost in translation

but as ray mentions.... it still won't work on a stock motor so i was kinda right in a way when i said no, albeit for different reasons

Comment

I thinking a 16 v not a 8 v, and was maybe thinking pepole could read my mind. a 1100 or 1000 cyl. head on a 750 engine ,is what I was THINKING. bigger carb ports on the 1000,1100 means a another set of carbs and the exhaust (4 into 1) would fit the exhaust ports( 750 ,1000,1100 exhaust were the same??). just use 1100 carbs ,thats what I was thinking .I didn't think about valve size(or lift??) or bore size would have any thing to do with it. next time I will do some research before I ask

Comment

The 1100 carbs & exhaust will interchange, which means a 750 exhaust will work on the 1100 also. Ray.

Comment

Working...
                        X