GS1100 Carb Jetted and Rebuild But does not work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good one Cliff!
    I'd be really interested in seeing the #2 plug.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Sorry Guys have not seen the bike for a week now.
      i could not make it out to the garage. its has been really hard with work in NY.
      So i am saving on the travel. kinda sucks.

Comment

Black smoke = running rich, sooty plugs.
        White smoke = BURNING OIL, oily plugs.
        Whatever fuelling issues you have with the pods and the stage 3 kit, you appear to be burning oil, and lots of it.

Comment

In the DJ stage 3 kit jasontheterminator bought, the needles were the wrong ones. I suggest you remove a (the) needle (s), measure the length and diameter and give dynojet a call and make sure you have the correct needles for your kit.
          De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrillink View Post
            @TheCafeKid :I have replaced everything but the stage 3 needle and the Jet. I purchased this kit. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/80-83...Q5fAccessories

The add does not mention who makes makes the kit or what stage kit it is. It does not look like a DJ kit. See screen shot of ebay ad here:

See this article from DJ about fraud with their kits

-Dave
            82 GS1100E
            five asses because it's far superior to having just four!
            Yes, I watched too much South Park!

Comment

That's just a rebuild kit.
              Dynojet is a performance kit.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
                In the DJ stage 3 kit jasontheterminator bought, the needles were the wrong ones. I suggest you remove a (the) needle (s), measure the length and diameter and give dynojet a call and make sure you have the correct needles for your kit.

Scroll up a few comments and read mine and chefs remarks. It does not apprear that he is using a DJ kit but just some stock aftermarket rebuild kit.
                82 GS1100E
                five asses because it's far superior to having just four!
                Yes, I watched too much South Park!

Comment

That's now clear. a bit earlier it wasn't.

New PARTS ALL AROUND pilots, jets, stage 3 kit, the full rebuild!
                  and eats a liter of gas in a min !
                  please help
                  Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                  Stage 3?
                  Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                  The Stage 3 kit is designed for pod filters and a free-flowing (V&H 4-n-1 or similar) exhaust.
                  Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                  CYr,
                  IIRC stage 3 in a dynojet kit for an 1100E...

The DJ kits only come with one size of needles, so I'm not sure what you're referring to there.
                  @TheCafeKid :I have replaced everything but the stage 3 needle and the Jet.
                  Originally posted by Guy View Post
                  and the stage 3 kit,
                  Last edited by rustybronco; 08-19-2011, 12:41 AM.
                  De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

hey Guys i am back, just finished all of my electrical work! finally Headlight works, bike starts right away! brilliant! coils firing at 100% i am excited about it! took the bike around the block! now to deal with this smoke.!
                    its white smoke!
                    two things i would like to show!
                    one

Than i have a small air filer on my head,
                    two which also smokes

Comment

i have the Dynojet kit already setup but i used all new rubbers and injectors from the new kit i bought. i left all of the dyno jets parts and replaced the others.

Comment

and i bought the original dyno kit from a legit site.

Comment

Working...
                        X