No announcement yet.

Just bought an ultra sonic cleaner for carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i use this solution, works well and carbs come out like brand new. also good for fuel injection injectors as well as any other engine parts.
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Daniel...your wrong ( again ). Ive seen one and seen MANY MANY parts that have come out of one. Killeen Power Sports has one that I can use anytime i wish. And looking at the pros and cons of it I will keep to my Berrymans. They dont come out as everyone here is trying to lead one to believe. They dont come out all shiney like the day they were cast..all shiney like a new dime. You can all say that BS but thats all it is...BS.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

nobody is saying that they come out all shiny and polished and fit for a show bike, they just come out SPOTLESS in every hole,jet, orifice you can or cant see
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
          Daniel...your wrong. They dont come out all shiney like the day they were cast..all shiney like a new dime. You can all say that BS but thats all it is...BS.
          But they do, from a can of Berryman's, right?

Whatever.

Daniel

Comment

If you leave a carb in Berryman's too long they turn dark. I know because I made this mistake ONCE.

Then there is the issue with the throttle butterfly shaft rubber seals that get dunked with the carbs. Fortunately, these seals are pretty robust, so the carb dip doesn't seem to destroy them (much). I try to minimize the dipping time as a hedge against damaging these seals since they are a pain to replace. Ultra Sonic cleaners don't need the harsh chemicals so those seals are further protected. Don't take me wrong, I'm not planning to buy one, but I do think they offer good tech that has some very positive points.
            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Dan...Here you go again spin doctoring what someone is commenting on...WHERE IN THERE did I ever say they did from Berrymans?? Everyone toughts the ultra sonics as the whiz bang thats gonna spit you out shiney like day one carbs and that just a fantasy..plain and simple..no way around it!!!! Till you can actually speak directly to what is actually said, why not just refrain from commenting at alll!!!
              Last edited by chuck hahn; 12-24-2011, 01:11 PM.
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by nastyjones View Post
                "Because it provides an unparalleled cleaning every single time without fail for all pieces big or little, complex, or simple."
                Unfortunately that doesn't work with fully assembled clocks. dirt imbeds into the brass and the only way to remove it is to disassemble the movement and mechanically or ultrasonically clean the parts. it's not the end all to cleaning.

Nasty, congratulations on the purchase. it should come in very handy.
                De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Thats what i was meaning Dale..they do a fine job of cleaning, but they arent a one stop and your done thing. You still have to clean all the brass parts and check all the holes in the pilots and emulsion tubes, and spary the bodies out with carb spray and compressed air. I too am glad he got his machine and he will probably enjoy it very much. My rebuttle is that they arent the end all to a good thorough manual cleaning..especially as fickle as the carbs can be at times.
                  Last edited by chuck hahn; 12-24-2011, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Those fickle crabs got into your carburetors again. Damn the bad luck. Merry Christmas, everybody! Except for Chuck's carburetor crabs.
                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I've got plenty of Old Bay seasoning!
                      That, might scare them out of there.

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                        I've got plenty of Old Bay seasoning!
                        That, might scare them out of there.

Daniel
                        Or soy sauce!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Lmao..thats what i get for one finger typing and thinking of the next letter and transposing them...Merry CHRISTmas back to all of you guys as well. Hopefully 2012 will be a lot better for me as well as yourselves.

Comment

I have an US machine now for carbs, and I love it. Works just as good as Berrymans IMHO, and much faster, and less destructive. I still go throught the steps of shooting carb cleaner through all passages, and blowing them out with air.
                            I bought the cheap US cleaner from Harbor Freight and it works pretty good. I've also used diluted Pine Sol with very good results. Mine heats up as well, which obviously helps break down the greasy crud.
                            85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                            79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Pine Sol eh?
                              I'm trying this stuff in my new US cleaner called Everything (everythingcleaner.net). The active ingredients are alcohol, Sodium metasilicate, & tetrasodium ethylenediamine tetraacetate. It cleans pretty good at a 2-1 ratio but I would like it to "etch" a little more as I would like it to try to restore my carbs to more of the way they were when new.
                              So I'm looking for something a little more acidic. I think the Everything cleaner is alkaline.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Paul
                              80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

You can try vinegar..

Molds, grease, and bacteria are no match for the cleaning power of vinegar. But why is this? Since we now know that vinegar is acid based, it's easier to understand how it can clean so effectively. When an acid is applied to grease, it breaks it down quickly.

Vinegar is such a powerful cleaner than for the most part, it should be cut 50-50 with water to dilute the solution.

Comment

Working...
                                X