Baffle question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baffle question

I am planning to buy a Mac 4 into 1 for my 78 gs750. I like the look of drag pipes, so I was thinking about buying just the header without the can and putting a straight pipe on the collector of the header and sticking a baffle in it. I would appreciate any suggestions for a good baffle. The collector diameter is 2.5 inches, I could reduce from there... I would like to keep it on the short side, but I also need to keep the noise at a rerasonable level.
    Last edited by Guest; 01-04-2012, 04:25 PM.

snyderman said....."I would like to keep it on the short side, but I also need to keep the noise at a rerasonable level. "

How reasonable? I have not done this with a bike, but have with cars and they can get real loud with an almost open exhaust. Someone on here must have done similar and hopefully will chime in.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thanks Tom,

I was hoping someone has done something like this. The selection of baffles is almost endless. I am pretty sure I can make it quiet enough, I was hoping for a place to start. The baffles are cheap. I will experiment and report results - probably early summer before it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by snyderman View Post
        Thanks Tom,

I was hoping someone has done something like this. The selection of baffles is almost endless. I am pretty sure I can make it quiet enough, I was hoping for a place to start. The baffles are cheap. I will experiment and report results - probably early summer before it happens.
        Yeah, I'm sure somebody on here has done this- after cutting off their rusted out mufflers- and has an opinion. After looking at prices of replacement exhaust systems, I'm not sure of what I'll do when my system needs replacing, though I have a pair of harley mufflers that look new.
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
        X