Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this choke lifter on correctly? (pic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this choke lifter on correctly? (pic)

Just trying to figure out if these choke lifters are on correctly. The set screws are bottoming out on the carbs and it doesn't seem like the choke lever is opening all the way. I've tried looking at pics and digarams but haven't found any that are detail enough. Thanks.

Looks correct to me. If it isn't operating correctly, you'll have to tear down the rack and see what's up. Looks like you could use new rubber parts (a set of o-rings) for those carbs.

Comment

Wont hurt to undo them and slide the choke rail out and flip them all over and see whats what that way. Will take all of 10 minutes to do.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

If it is for a rack for a 750 from 78, the lifters is wrong way around.

This is how they sit on mine:

Comment

What bike are these carbs on or going on?
          De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

My '78 750 lifters look nothing like either photo
            -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

My thoughts exactly and the reason for my asking the question the way I did.

The second photo looks like the correct ones.
              De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Yes it's for a 78 750. I will flip them around then. I bought the bike as an unfinished project and I can tell the carbs have been apart so that it what had me questioning it. I'm only getting about half the travel out of the choke lever.

Comment

Originally posted by Tukn20s View Post
                  Yes it's for a 78 750. I will flip them around then. I bought the bike as an unfinished project and I can tell the carbs have been apart so that it what had me questioning it. I'm only getting about half the travel out of the choke lever.
                  Curious, is this a European spec machine? How about you put your bike and location in your sig.
                  -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
                    Curious, is this a European spec machine? How about you put your bike and location in your sig.
                    To my knowledge it is not a European bike.

I pulled the choke rail off to switch the lifters around and it appears to be a rod off another bike. The rod is not long enough to reach the last carb. I always assumed the end of the rod was broken, but after inspecting it it is obvious it is not damaged. So maybe the lifters are from a different bike as well???

Comment

....and I updated my location and added my bike. I had to re-register a while back and never added anything

Comment

Originally posted by Tukn20s View Post
                        To my knowledge it is not a European bike.

I pulled the choke rail off to switch the lifters around and it appears to be a rod off another bike. The rod is not long enough to reach the last carb. I always assumed the end of the rod was broken, but after inspecting it it is obvious it is not damaged. So maybe the lifters are from a different bike as well???
                        Ah, the mysteries of the PO. I hope you don't find any other surprises.
                        -Mal

78 GS750E

Comment

Working...
                        X