GS1000 Fuel Tap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000 Fuel Tap

Hi guys having someproblems with my fuel tap so I decided better to just buy new, problem is I have the skunk tank with the 44mm fitting, can't source a new tap in the UK so looked at the ones Z1 sell, I notice however that the ones they sell the fuel outlet from the tap faces backwards, the tap I have on my bike faces forward, will there be any hassle in getting the one from Z1 to work, thinking routing fuel lines etc. Thanks Wayne

A quick check shows that the forward facing tap ones aren't common on OEM lever style petcocks- I didn't find any new ones. It's odd, since if you look at the petcock, it's been manufactured to have the fuel outlet fitting able to be pressed in from either side (then other side blocked off).
    Check your bolt centerline spacing- is it 44 mm?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

The one on the right is a stock '78-'79 GS1000C/EC/N/EN petcock.
      sigpic
      Steve
      "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Hi Tom definately a 44mm spacing, might just have to look for a decent second hand one.

Comment

Originally posted by wdavie View Post
          might just have to look for a decent second hand one.
          sigpic
          Steve

Comment

Hi Steve thanks for the link but the same problem exists with that tap as the fuel outlet points backwards, wonder if I have a tap from the wrong model bike on my tank?

Comment

The correct fuel tap...

(although incorrect screen)
              De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Robinsons have your tap:

Big spendy.

Not the correct tap but will fit:

79 GS1000S
                79 GS1000S (another one)
                80 GSX750
                80 GS550
                80 CB650 cafe racer
                75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Cheers guys will get the one off ebay

Comment

Originally posted by wdavie View Post
                    Hi Steve thanks for the link but the same problem exists with that tap as the fuel outlet points backwards, wonder if I have a tap from the wrong model bike on my tank?
                    That link to the E-bay petcock is the "standard" OEM petcock used on '78 & '79 GS1000E's and I just went to the garage and looked at the one on my '79 GS1000E and it matches.
                    There may be a filter difference, as I had two different styles of filters on my petcocks. A two tier and single tier one, but otherwise that's the correct petcock for the '78 & '79 GS1000E.
                    The '80 model had a different petcock, one without the lever and the spacing was different also. Could it be that you a '80 GS1000E?
                    sigpic
                    Steve

Comment

Working...
                    X