Z-1 Mikuni orings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-1 Mikuni orings

I see our friends at Z-1 sell packages of orings for our Mikuni carbs. I want to order some for my 1100 & wonder what sizes I need. Someone must have measured theirs & wonder if they can post the sizes for the choke, drain bolt, float needle, fuel tubes & pilot screw.

Paul
    80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Does Robert Barr - www.cycleorings.com not have what you need ? He will ship you everything except the Stainless Steel bolts.....

by the way, I have found a local place here that has all the rings as well, I just have not gotten around to making up the orders or packages, I still need to confirm sizes, and prices, it might not be cost effective, and I would also supply and sell the SS bolts as well....

Cheers

Comment

I have ordered many a kit from Mr. Barr, great guy. I wrench on quite a few bikes & see that Z-1 sells packages of orings, 25 to a packet. I want to order them in bulk at a good price so I can put together sets myself when I'm workiing on carbs.
      80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

got ya......

Comment

Unfortunately, there are no sizes given there.

Still looking.

Comment

Write Mr Robert Barr and ask him for the sizes. What's the most he can say; no?
            De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

I think I'd just get them from cycleorings.com, unless I was planning to go into business building carbs. Even then I might still get them from him.
              Dogma
              --
              O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
              '80 GS850 GLT
              '80 GS1000 GT
              '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

This is why I asked the question in the first place. I have these oring specs that someone posted a couple of years ago. Surprisingly none of them match the sizes on the Z-1 website.

Optional Viton O-rings (thick X ID)
                Choke plunger: 1.5mm X 10mm
                Drain bolt: 1.5mm X 5mm
                Float Needle: 1.6mm X 7.1mm
                Fuel Tubes: -10 size (1.8mm X 6mm)
                Pilot Screw: 1.13mm X 2.70 mm or
                optional (1.0mm X 2.5mm)

Comment

Sorry, but:

I've been pretty generous over the years -- I've given away things on more occasions than I can remember. I contribute to this site every time without fail. I kick in for other 'causes'on this site, usually anonymously. I've done work to complete strangers' motorcycles at my own home. Like many, I kicked in a hundred bucks for the MLC thousand (and had fun doing it).

Usually I have a hard time saying 'no'.

I give out a lot, but I absolutely won't give out my sizes or my suppliers. Period. Those little bits of information represent long-term efforts, outlays, frustrations, trial & error, and investment on my part; these belong to me, and will remain that way.

Anyone with a $15 digital caliper and access to Google can come up with their own numbers and suppliers; you just can't have mine.

Good luck with your endeavor.
                  and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
                  __________________________________________________ ______________________
                  2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Well stated and rightfully so.
                    Last edited by chuck hahn; 05-08-2013, 09:53 PM.
                    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

EDIT: didn't see the post above with this information. Sorry.

The carb rebuild tutorial linked in my signature have the various sizes needed to rebuild BS CV carbs. I've assembled my own O-ring kits before using Viton O-rings (best available to resist degradation from fuel). The only O-ring's that are real hard to find is the small ones for the pilot screws. I've listed two sizes for those because the proper size is hard to find.

McMaster-Carr has a good portion of these available off the shelf. http://www.mcmaster.com/

Viton O-rings (thick X ID)
                      Pilot Screw: 1.13mm X 2.70 mm or optional (1.0mm X 2.5mm)

Screen shoot of what you need to order from MC. All O-rings EXCEPT for those for the pilot screw. You can try the smaller optional size shown, or get some 1.5 x 2.5 O-rings and then try to skim them on a bench grinder or similar to reduce the OD. The OD is not a sealing surface so if you rough them up some it won't matter.

Last edited by Nessism; 05-08-2013, 10:13 PM.
                      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by nastyjones View Post
                        This is why I asked the question in the first place. I have these oring specs that someone posted a couple of years ago. Surprisingly none of them match the sizes on the Z-1 website.

Optional Viton O-rings (thick X ID)
                        Pilot Screw: 1.13mm X 2.70 mm or
                        optional (1.0mm X 2.5mm)
                        what is the meaning of "-10 size (1.8mm X 6mm)" ?

Comment

Working...
                        X