Rich at ilde.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rich at ilde.

I already feel my otherwise stock 80 gs1100 w/1150 carbs & a Dynojet kit runs rich at idle. Everywhere in the rpm range pulls great. How much will oiling my new Ape pods affect this condition? Should I consider smaller pilots?
    80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Make sure you have 125 pilot air jets if so use a 45 pilot jet since Canadian carbs run with a 47.5.
    Oh and over oiling the pods will cause a hesitation and for it to run rich at idle.
    Last edited by chef1366; 12-18-2013, 05:11 PM.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

How did you adjust the mixture screws?
      Has everything been jetted and set properly for the pods?
      How did you set the float height?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Been a while since I installed a new jet kit but if I remember right the Dynojet kit comes with some (optional) pilot air jets the (DH160) possibly for the problem you are describing. Here is the instruction sheet link if you already haven't looked at it already. http://www.dynojet.com/pdf/3133.pdf Just a suggestion.
        sigpic 82 gs1100ez 1168 Wiseco,Web .348 Cams,Falicon Sprockets,Star Racing Ported Head,1mm o/s Stainless Valves,APE Springs,Bronze Guides,etc.APE Billet Tensioner,36CV Carbs,Stage 3 Dynojet,Plenum w/K&N filter,Trued,Welded,Balanced,Crank w/Katana rods & Billet left end, FBG backcut trans, VHR HD Clutch basket,APE nut,VHR High volume oil pump gears,1150 Oil cooler,V&H Megaphone header w/Competition baffle,Dyna S,Coils,Wires,etc.Other misc.mods.

Comment

I ran the pods unoiled for a few thousand kms on the 36 mm 1150 carbs. The bike ran great except for the rich smell at idle. I'm pretty sure that after oiling the pods it will richen my idle even more.

Mixture screws were set to highest idle & floats to stock height.
          Pilots are currently 45's. Air jet is 150.
          80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Working...
          X