OE applications and jetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OE applications and jetting

Being in Kansas...aka Harley land, there is a literal sea of near new stock sportster 883/1200 take off slip ons. Would it be worth it to try a set out?

Pretty sure the gs550es cans slip fit. I would like to store the stock mufflers away and tear up something else if possible.

Just a random thought i had while trolling craigslist.

I gotthe notion to do this when someone offered me some free ones. IIRC I did some reading and decided not to, a couple people said they were more restrictive and kind of heavy. Here's a guy who did it

Comment

I'm curious what that sounded like. The youtube link was dead sadly.

If mine simply unbolt (i need to look), they go all day for about $40 a set out here. I would probably scuff them with 400 grit, etch them and shoot them a low gloss black.

Comment

I have set, paid $10. for the pair at a swamp met. I like the sounds, much more mellow, deeper sound than the Mac mufflers I had on it. Not real loud, but loud enough you can hear them when driving down the road. terrylee

Comment

Originally posted by Hooptie View Post
          Pretty sure the gs550es cans slip fit. I would like to store the stock mufflers away and tear up something else if possible.
          I don't know of any stock GS that has slip-on mufflers.

To use the Harley units, you WILL have to break out the SawZall.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Oh I did go up one on my main jets (did when I put the Mac system on it). terrylee

Comment

Working...
            X