GS550T running problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS550T running problem

I have a 81' gs550t that I bought recently this month and used info from this forum to get running again (carb rebuild and valves adjustment). Had it going well for a week or so, but brought it into a local shop to get 2 exhaust bolts that were broken extracted and the flange replaced. Upon getting it back I rode 10 ft and it died and they said it would cost more for them to look at further. Turning the idle screw really high and just keeping it in mid to high revs was the only way I got it home. Back home now and it idles just fine, but if I give it any gas it starts to die out again. Do I need to re-adjust the carbs and fuel mixture screw? or is there something else I'm missing here?

can you give more info on the bike ? airbox or pods ? Is there a fuel filter in place ? When you say carb rebuild, I assume you mean it was fully stripped and dipped for 24 hours, and all soft parts replaced, bench synched and vacuum synched is that correct ?

Comment

Stock airbox, no fuel filter, and yeah did all that with the carbs

Comment

How many turns out are the mixture screws?
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
        X