No announcement yet.

replaced blown fuse now wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You may want to look at your coils. Are they OEM or aftermarket?
    They may be the wrong coils and drawing more current or failing when hot.

Comment

i have the accel super coil kit that dennis kirk sells rated 3ohms and im running the relay mod to them.

Comment

ok i just got a pair of igniters. now on the r/r the wires from the stator it dosent matter how they are connected? cause im looking at my diagram and one goes to a connector than to the r/r is that really necessary or can i just wire it directly?

Comment

Wire it directly.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

ok new r/r and new/used igniter... no spark.. checked the resistance of the coils and i got 4ohm's couldn't get a reading threw the plug wires.. there is only 2 parts left to replace... Coils & Relay... well it looks like im going with dyna green coils

Comment

Originally posted by xxspikexx View Post
              ...couldn't get a reading threw the plug wires...
              Hi,

You couldn't get a reading through the plug wires? Could this mean that the plug caps are bad? Or there is a bad connection at the plug caps? Have you replaced them?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

ok when i tested for voltage at the coil connectors. i couldn't get a good steady reading. so i suspect the relay got a little cooked as well. thats the cheap part gonna replace it good or bad. I contacted Accel ya not great with customer service. the coils are at 4ohms from the connectors, and as we know should be at 3. plug wires dont look like they got hot. yet i could not get a reading of the secondary windings threw the wires. i did not try to bypass the wire and just take the reading. but i was pressed for time. and like i said the bike is 60miles away

Comment

Originally posted by xxspikexx View Post
                  ok when i tested for voltage at the coil connectors. i couldn't get a good steady reading. so i suspect the relay got a little cooked as well. thats the cheap part gonna replace it good or bad. I contacted Accel ya not great with customer service. the coils are at 4ohms from the connectors, and as we know should be at 3. plug wires dont look like they got hot. yet i could not get a reading of the secondary windings threw the wires. i did not try to bypass the wire and just take the reading. but i was pressed for time. and like i said the bike is 60miles away
                  I wouldn't consider a reading of 4 ohms (instead of 3 ohms) to be a problem. even a good multimeter is not going to be very accurate measuring anything less than 100 ohms or so

Comment

ya i would think i should still be getting spark at 4ohms just not as good... im gonna pick up a new relay over the weekend and see if there is any change..

Comment

Working...
                    X