Turn Signal not flashing 1980 gs850gl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn Signal not flashing 1980 gs850gl

i push the button over the light comes on and stays on no flashing nothing just stays on so what could it be any idea can i fix it ?? and how to fix it dont need to get pulled over for something stupid like that lol any help would be great

Check and make sure you still have the flasher relay. The PO for my bike removed it and put a loopback wire into the plug. Picked up a 2 prong car flasher at Oreilly's Auto and they work now.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

where is the relay located at on the bike

Comment

Hi,

It's under the right side cover. See the "Turn Signal Relay Replacement" guide on my website for pictures. While you're there, download a manual from my website. It will help you get familiar with your bike.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

i looked and i fliped out the wires have been cut on the box and wires run str8 to lights sh$$ now i dont know what to do can i put a car relay to the lights just behind the fuse box if so what kinda relay will i need

Comment

Hi,

See my previous post.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by jtrip View Post
              i looked and i fliped out the wires have been cut on the box and wires run str8 to lights sh$$ now i dont know what to do can i put a car relay to the lights just behind the fuse box if so what kinda relay will i need
              Basscliff's post has all the answers you need but in short order yes. That is exactly what I did. Just get new connectors and rework your wiring. Don't worry about messing up. I don't know much either about wiring but I got mine working just fine.
              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

finding the relay

Had the same thing happen to me, spent a bit of time searching for that relay. Found it by removing the battery, it was dangling by it's wire between the engine and the battery. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                X