Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charging issue!

Hey guys,
    I have been working in my 81 Gs850G for a couple of months now and I am ready to hit the road tomorrow!! for the 1st time (other than around the block) anyway I checked my charging system a while back and it was reading 13v at idle (old battery) I now have a new battery and also have soldered the wires coming from the stator, today I checked and all I get is 12.3v and when I signal everything dims a little and when I rev it there is no change in the voltage reading, what did I do wrong?

Originally posted by mackdog2008 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I have been working in my 81 Gs850G for a couple of months now and I am ready to hit the road tomorrow!! for the 1st time (other than around the block) anyway I checked my charging system a while back and it was reading 13v at idle (old battery) I now have a new battery and also have soldered the wires coming from the stator, today I checked and all I get is 12.3v and when I signal everything dims a little and when I rev it there is no change in the voltage reading, what did I do wrong?
    There is something called the stator pages that you should check out.

Comment

Can you give me a link? I can't find the stator pages.

Comment

Look about half way down on this page: http://www.thegsresources.com/gs_garage.htm

You can find it from the main site page titled In the Garage.
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Hi,

You'll find lots of GS850G goodness on my little website. The link is in my signature file. Please stop by and help yourself.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks for your help I think I will be able to figure it out now.

Comment

Working...
            X