Main fuse carrying amps question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main fuse carrying amps question

Does anyone know what the main circuit carries for amps normally on an 80 gs750? I know it is fused at 15a...I am looking to replace my fusebox with the FZ1 from Fuzeblocks. The carrying capacity for their circuits is up to 10amps...I would rather use this one over the one From eastern beaver just because the relay is integrated into the unit.

Hi,

You want to put a 10 amp capacity fuse box in a 15 amp circuit?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
      You want to put a 10 amp capacity fuse box in a 15 amp circuit?
      My sentiments, exactly.

Although it may never actually carry 15 amps, it was specified for a reason.

When you first turn on the key, the main fuse carries ALL the current for the lights and coils. After the bike is running, the amount (and direction)of current will depend on engine speed. Below about 1500 RPM, the alternator is not making quite enough to run the bike, so the battery supplements what is necessary. Above 2000 RPM, the alternator makes more than the bike needs and sends the excess back the other way through the main fuse to charge the battery.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks !

Comment

Working...
        X