Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wonder why my turn signals aren't working...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
    What the hell is that?
    What that is, is a very poor example of a '79 GS850G, '78,'79 GS1000E 1st generation TSCU, (turn signal control unit). I had a bunch of those once, gave them to RustyBronco (Dale) and thank you Dale for taking them off my hands!

And they're still available new from Suzuki, part number 38830-49001, and for only $336.49 at Boulevard Suzuki, http://www.boulevardsuzuki.com

I heard it was the "flux capacitor" that goes bad on those things. I think by looking at yours, there might be a open circuit in the two coils. You might want to rewind them

I still may have one that "kinda" works, by that I mean it "flashes" but don't stop flashing automatically, I would have to check and see. I think I was saving it for Dale to add to his mounting collection.
    sigpic
    Steve
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Steve, and that mounting collection is going to be added to. I hope to make up a dozen replacement units, so I'll need to acquire a few more duds.
      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

UPDATE: RustyBronco has agreed to adopt my defunct TSCU.

I tore into my switch and removed the self centering spring. Went ahead and got 2 12v flasher relays and wired them inline at the power/load for each side. Too easy.

Comment

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
          Steve, and that mounting collection is going to be added to. I hope to make up a dozen replacement units, so I'll need to acquire a few more duds.
          As you know Dale I'm always looking, but even the duds are getting scarce. I believe I'm down to 3, one in the bike that hangs up often when turning left and two that won't stop flashing.
          sigpic
          Steve
          "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Originally posted by cal_look_zero View Post
            UPDATE: RustyBronco has agreed to adopt my defunct TSCU.

I tore into my switch and removed the self centering spring. Went ahead and got 2 12v flasher relays and wired them inline at the power/load for each side. Too easy.
            Did you have to use two flasher relays?

I believe that one wire feeds the selector switch, then the selector tells it which signals to activate.

Why not just use ONE flasher in the feed line?

After all, that's the way the stock system works, the connectors are likely already there.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by cal_look_zero View Post

Meh - that's still quite usable. All that needs is a good washdown with this stuff:

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                Did you have to use two flasher relays?

I believe that one wire feeds the selector switch, then the selector tells it which signals to activate.

Why not just use ONE flasher in the feed line?

After all, that's the way the stock system works, the connectors are likely already there.

The stock relay runs through the TSCU, and I was unable to test continuity between the original relay and the switch without the TSCU. It works either way, I may trace it out at a later point in time.

Comment

Originally posted by wisgolfer59 View Post
                  Meh - that's still quite usable. All that needs is a good washdown with this stuff:

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...&products_id=6
                  Have you noticed that "this stuff" has been SOLD OUT for a LONG time?

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Here's an alternative

85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

wisgolfer59
                      That site is awesome! So many items that I have been searching for, for years !
                      I wanna order one of everything they offer.

Comment

Working...
                      X