what dat ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what dat ?

I thought i was done putting everything back together, but I seem to have a straggler part.. Does it have a place on my 1980 GS1100E or did it creep into my parts pile ? It looks like a set of ignition points, but I don't see anything similar in the GS1100E parts fiche ?

Unless someone drastically altered your ignition system and changed it over to a point style ignition system, that isn't from your bike.
    De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

thanks.. once again this forum delivers.. this time it outed a " rat ", that thought it might be funny to add an extra item to my rebuild inventory, and watch me struggle.. (when he saw my post on this forum, he new the jig was up, and confessed.. ) no beers for him.. wisenhoffer..

Comment

Had that happen a few years ago at a GoldWing rally. Not one that was officially sanctioned by our Association, just a gathering of many of the forum users. It was held at a member's house, 'headquarters' was his new 40' x 50' shop.

One of the guys had called the day before, saying he would not be able to make it because the stator had gone out on his bike (yeah the Wings had stator problems too, up to '87). He was told to trailer the bike there and bring his new stator, we would change it. One of the other guys there had changed a few Wing stators, so they started on the job. Changing a Wing stator is not nearly as easy as changine a GS stator. You have to remove the engine to get to it.

Some wise guy (NOT me ) added a couple of spacers to the neatly arranged piles of hardware on the floor. Working in a shop, it's not that unusual to accidentally find an extra bolt or nut, but a spacer is rather specific, so they spent some time trying to figure out where they went. Each thought the other had removed it and put it in the pile.

The perpetrator finally confessed. He was given all the appropriate treatments and banished from the shop. In spite of the setback, the bike was up and running again about 8 hours from parking it in the shop.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Always remember they throw a few extra bolts on a bike to confuse you, then leave a few off to further confuse.
          I lost the two bolts that hold down the rear bodywork in my rebuild,just my luck they were a unique length and I had to cut a longer pair to size
          1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
          1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Working...
          X