Starter getting power but not turning. GS750E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starter getting power but not turning. GS750E

So the starter relay was replaced a while ago. And the starter have been working fine up untill a couple of days ago when it decided to stop working. I have checked that the starter is getting voltage, which it does.
    And it is grounded too the motor right?

How do I remove it for further testing? I couldn't see any mounting bolts, do I have to remove the stator cover?

remove the cover for the starter, then you will see it and the two bolts holding it, remove those, disconnect the wire, and push it towards the right of the bike, there is an O ring that keeps the oil from splashing into the starter area itself, then just lift it up, install is the reverse....

Comment

Thanks, I took it apart and found all sorts of dirt... cleaned it up and now it's working again

Comment

hi babes.
        Well done Spiff...
        Nothing like sorting out your own bike eh? (i built mine from scratch and im very attached to it now!)

All you need is the will, some tools and the fine store ov information found on the GSR Forum...!

So... Next step... A full engine rebuild!!!
        Xxx

Comment

Yeah I know, I've spent a good four months cleaning and restoring this so you do love it when it works
          No engine rebuild here though

Comment

Working...
          X