Self canceling turn signals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self canceling turn signals.

Was wondering if this might be a alternative for all the burned up tscu's on the older GS's

I have to refer that to our resident TSCU wizard, Rusty Bronco.
    Well Dale?
    sigpic
    Steve
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

I had not seen that before, and looking at how it is supposed to work, if my control unit failed, I would settle for controlling them manually.

First of all, it requires momentary-contact turn signal switches. (If your GS came with self-cancelling signals, you have them.)
      For a lane change, hold for one second, it will cancel in 7 seconds.
      When slowing for a turn, hold for two seconds, it will cancel in 20 seconds.
      When stopping for a turn, hold for four seconds, it will cancel in 75 seconds.
      For Hazard Mode (4-way flashers), you need to have separate buttons for left and right. None of our GSes have them.

All this (in)convenience for the paltry sum of $75? Thanks, but no thanks.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Steve E., That unit had been discussed at one time in the not too distant past.

I just sent them this message... "Does your Signal Dynamics Self-Canceling Turn Signal Module require momentary grounding of the right and left inputs or a momentary positive voltage at the input?"

If the unit requires a positive input to initiate the turn signal then a simple connection to the TSCU plug will work. If the unit requires the inputs to be grounded, then a couple of relays added to the left hand control circuitry will make it work as well.

I'll let you know shortly...

***EDIT***

Their response... "Your question would be best answered by speaking with our Parts department. They are available toll free at (877) 668-6872 option 1 then press#3."
        I'll call them tomorrow from work.

Steve W., the 1st generation TSCU used momentary contact turn signals switches. Electrically we do have two separate buttons, they are just combined into one unit.

wiring colours at the TSCU http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...2&postcount=12
        Last edited by rustybronco; 08-07-2012, 10:41 AM. Reason: Reversed the input connection information, added wiring colours
        De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Working...
        X