• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
    It's still on mine.

You want a dud TSCU, I'll send you one.
    Sorry, I don't need any duds.

Comment

The dud will give you the form factor you'll need to know and the leads to attach to the PCB.

All the rest is just switching current to the turn signals, frequency (square wave) out of the reed switch to some sort of a comparator with which to start the self cancel count down timer.

Well that's as I see it anyways.
      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

The dud will give you the form factor you'll need to know and the leads to attach to the PCB.

All the rest is just switching current to the turn signals, frequency (square wave) out of the reed switch to some sort of a comparator with which to start the self cancel count down timer.

Well that's as I see it anyways.
        Thank you, but I think I understand the problem. Maybe you should go re-read my proposal as I think you must have skimmed it too fast.

Comment

I understand fully Jim.

You want a TSCU.

You want a left hand switch. Three momentary contact switches will work just fine in place of.

A two prong flasher. Any bi-metallic automotive flasher will work.

And perhaps someone who is willing to buy 10 units at a time with sufficient soldering skills who is willing to build and distribute them.

Comment

I understand fully Jim.

You want a TSCU.

You want a left hand switch. Three momentary contact switches will work just fine in place of.

A two prong flasher. Any bi-metallic automotive flasher will work.

And perhaps someone who is willing to buy 10 units at a time with sufficient soldering skills who is willing to build and distribute them.
            Based on the overwhelming demand for this Mod, I am withdrawing my offer.

Last edited by posplayr; 03-18-2014, 03:01 PM.

Comment

I do not understand.

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
                I do not understand.
                There is a phrase that goes something like, "looking a gift horse in the mouth".

Comment

Well I think folks need time to get things set up before committing to this project. No need to pull the plug just yet.

Comment

Well I think folks need time to get things set up before committing to this project. No need to pull the plug just yet.
                    This is the best alternative solution for people.

Comment

Build this

A turn signal control circuit has a power source, left and right turn signal inputs, a speed detection input and circuitry for conditioning the power source voltage and current as well as the input signals for proper operation. When a turn signal switch provides an input signal to a logic controller, the circuit begins flashing the respective turn signal. Upon release of the switch, a microprocessor reviews the vehicle speed by way of a speedometer input line and references a lookup table to determine the proper distance at which to turn off the signal. Generally, the faster the vehicle is travelling, the longer the turn signals are left on. Various manual cancellation options are also available to the motorcycle operator. A four-way flasher sysem is operated by simultaneously pushing the two turn signal switches, remaining on until both switches are again simultaneously pressed. Furthermore, an electrical "bulb out" detection system warns the motorcycle operator of a burned out light bulb and operates signals at a substantially slower rate when a bulb is burned out.

I've got a lot going on right now but I would like to make one of these on a breadboard prototype. If I can create one from scratch I'll provide plans to everyone so it can be made. No miminum orders or committments from anyone. I'll get an identification on the IC used and see if it is commonly available still.

Either way it's not rocket science and the Suzuki unit did it without a chip.

I'll take a dud or two to investigate what happened with them and explore using the old case for a new circuit.

I'll send you a PM with my address.
                      1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                      1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by duaneage View Post
                        http://www.google.com/patents/US4972174

I've got a lot going on right now but I would like to make one of these on a breadboard prototype. If I can create one from scratch I'll provide plans to everyone so it can be made. No miminum orders or committments from anyone. I'll get an identification on the IC used and see if it is commonly available still.

Either way it's not rocket science and the Suzuki unit did it without a chip.

I'll take a dud or two to investigate what happened with them and explore using the old case for a new circuit.

I'll send you a PM with my address.
                        Duaneage,
                        You are being more than generous especially offering this free service and especially with no minimum.

One thing you might have missed

Data from the input conditioning circuits 30 and the current sense circuits 40 are transmitted to the logic controller circuits 50 where circuit 10 decides what, if any, functions to perform. The heart of logic controller circuits 50 is a microprocessor 500 having advanced operational intelligence in the form of a look up table described in more detail below. Microprocessor 500 is powered through line 555 which uses capacitor 556 for noise filtering.

So there may not be a chip, but there is a microprocessor. (see schematic attached) Are you also going to provide free firmware?

If so I'll send you a PM to put me on the list as well. (this I gotta see )

By the way according to my calculation, if I designed, produced,programmed,sold,delivered, and supported 10 of these mods ( a 2" x 1" naked PCB for DIY integration) at a whopping $25 a piece I figure after expenses I would make a gross income of about $0.50 an hour for each of 50 hours of effort. Stunning I know.

Your a better man than me or at least live in a different income bracket.
                        Last edited by posplayr; 03-18-2014, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Jeep, we don't know the cost of the replacement circuitry in order for someone to be able to commit. For all l know, it could be well above $100 then there is the matter of building it, refinishing the covers-renewing all the connections, providing tech support, warranty etc. It isn't as simple as saying sure, I'll do it.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                            Your a better man than me or at least live in a different income bracket.
                            Some of us do things for fun, not profit. Thanks for your concern.

Comment

Jeep, we don't know the cost of the replacement circuitry in order for someone to be able to commit. For all l know, it could be well above $100 then there is the matter of building it, refinishing the covers-renewing all the connections, providing tech support, warranty etc. It isn't as simple as saying sure, I'll do it.
                              There are two approaches to this problem.

1. Determine the fault and develop a fix.
                              2. Replace it with a simple but better solution.

If I get examples of bad units I'm willing to do one or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by duaneage View Post
                                Some of us do things for fun, not profit. Thanks for your concern.
                                Absolutely Duane you have never sold anything for a profit. When you were giving away Honda R/R's for $30 I could not believe it. Of course the price has gone a up a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X