Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dynatek good or anus? and where to buy?

Hello

I'm starting to reconsider my ignitor hunting and maybe I should buy a complete dynatek system instead. What do you think dear GS'ers? And where do I get one that fits my GS 450 1981?

Cheers
    /Viggo, Umeå Sweden

I replaced my ignitor/sending unit with a Dynatek, and I liked it.
    Call Z1Enterprises to see if one is available for your bike.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
      Call Z1Enterprises to see if one is available for your bike.
      Methinks that would be one EXPENSIVE call from his location.

Maybe try an e-mail instead?

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        Yep, about $4.00 if the call lasts a half an hour (I have friends in Sweden). The hardest part is getting the time zone thing down.

Comment

Don't you guys use Skype? Calls from any internet connection anywhere in the world are next to free, cost isn't even a consideration anymore.

I think it's .8 cents a minute or something like that to call a land line in the US.

I called Z-1 from India a while ago just because I was bored at 3AM.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Why use Skype when it costs me $.01 a minute to call there.
            De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Maybe try an e-mail instead?

Check

If I buy it I'm sure the bike will run equally weak still

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
                Yep, about $4.00 if the call lasts a half an hour (I have friends in Sweden). The hardest part is getting the time zone thing down.
                Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                Don't you guys use Skype? Calls from any internet connection anywhere in the world are next to free, cost isn't even a consideration anymore.
                I think it's .8 cents a minute or something like that to call a land line in the US.
                I called Z-1 from India a while ago just because I was bored at 3AM.
                Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
                Why use Skype when it costs me $.01 a minute to call there.
                https://www.ptel.com/plans/intlrates
                Take that, Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by cletus@live.se View Post
                  Hello

I'm starting to reconsider my ignitor hunting and maybe I should buy a complete dynatek system instead. What do you think dear GS'ers? And where do I get one that fits my GS 450 1981?

Cheers
                  /Viggo, Umeå Sweden
                  The DS3-3C kit will work with the two valve per cylinder 80 - 82 GS450's... I know because I have one

This kit will replace your coils as well, so don't forget to get a set of plug leads as well.

When you purchase it, you will need to request that they provide the spacer needed for the rotor as the kit is designed for the earlier points ignitions on the 400's and 425's and they have a shorter rotor than the 450's.

The guys are very helpful at Dynatek, so make sure you tell them the model of your bike. You can mention I sent you, but they will probably say... who?
                  1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                  1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Try Ignitech, they are closer to you. http://www.ignitech.cz/en/

Comment

I'd like to put in a word for customer service at Dynatek. I had a lead on one of my ignition coils fail. I sent the coil to them and they shipped a replacement coil back to me free of charge. I didn't even have to produce a receipt! Good service.
                      IBA# 12860
                      Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                      1984 KZ1100R
                      2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                      2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Hmm. Thanks for all the answers. Dynatek does not ship abroad and the company selling it here does not sell this model.

Maybe reconsider again. I'm thinking about getting this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CDI-ECU-Suzu...f5e0fa&vxp=mtr

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by cletus@live.se View Post
                          Hmm. Thanks for all the answers. Dynatek does not ship abroad and the company selling it here does not sell this model.

Maybe reconsider again. I'm thinking about getting this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CDI-ECU-Suzu...f5e0fa&vxp=mtr

Cheers
                          Dynatek quoted me $45 shipping to Ireland, which I found a bit excessive, but nevertheless they were willing to do it.
                          ---- Dave
                          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                            Dynatek quoted me $45 shipping to Ireland, which I found a bit excessive, but nevertheless they were willing to do it.
                            With the dollar being as low as it is that wasn't too much was it? I hate decissions. Hopefully I'll be able to borrow one ICU box first to be 100% sure that really is the problem since I'm only 95% sure...

Comment

Oops, correction. It wasn't Dynatek directly, it was ATVGalaxy
                              ATV Galaxy is Ebay’s top parts and accessories seller since 2000. We only carry the highest quality brands at the best prices.
                              ---- Dave
                              79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                              80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                              79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                              92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
                              X