tail running lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tail running lights

Have an 82 GS1100EZ with 21k on it noticed that the rear running light is not working replace with another bulb and no luck, and now notice that head light is working but instrumentation panel light are not, any guess to help me trouble shoot this issue

Been to Basscliff's site for color wiring diagram?? blow it up ,make copies and start tracing wires around; A multimeter is a must- even a cheapy!

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by thefast1 View Post
      Have an 82 GS1100EZ with 21k on it noticed that the rear running light is not working replace with another bulb and no luck, and now notice that head light is working but instrumentation panel light are not, any guess to help me trouble shoot this issue
      Instrument lights and tail light on same fuse, the fuse labeled "Signal". You didn't say anything about checking the fuses.

Is other things we could talk about, but lets try looking at the fuse first.
      If Signal fuse is blown, buy a pack of 10 amp fuses (don't bother with the variety pack, you needs 10s and no other than maybe a 15).

If Signal fuse blows again as soon as turn on the key. Try disconnecting the horns.

>>later note
      Link in above post is for 1100G.

I think one on BassCliff site the listed for GS1100 (doesn't say G, doesn't say E)is for the E. Has the big "check panel control unit" on it.
      THis one.
      GS1100 Wiring Diagram

Last edited by Redman; 04-13-2014, 09:14 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Have checked all the fuses and they are good, forgot to tell you all that I had the horns disconnected when I put on new exhausts not sure that horns would not complete the circuit

Comment

Working...
        X