Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instrument panel indicator bulb

since the easy way to find out some thing is to just ask a question

Did look and could eventually find some place in the manual, but a lot Faster to ask and get on the road

the question:
    how do i open the instrument panel to replace a burnt out High beam indicator bulb (Not the headlight it self) in the middle of the instrument cluster?

and what kind type # of the bulb ?
    79 GS1000E

#57 bulb and you access the bulbs from the back side of the gauges. Unbolt the gauges from the top clamp. Remove the four nuts holding the chrome covers in place, flip them over and remove the mounting bracket. You should be able to CAREFULLY remove the rubber socket that houses the bulb.

Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.

Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.
    De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
      You should be able to CAREFULLY remove the rubber socket that houses the bulb.
      Just a note - those rubber sockets are likely very stuck in place. I would have been wise to spray WD-40 and let it sit overnight.

You can see how chewed up the bulb mounting holes are on the back of my '82 1100e's tachometer.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Thanks for the Information and instructions
        Just love the wealth of knowledge here

Comment

Working...
        X