stator wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stator wires

Can u solder the 3 wires coming from the stator directly to the 3 wires coming from the wiring harness ..the 3 crimped push on connectors strands are broken ..can someone help me out thanks

Connect them straight to the RR unit.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

RR unit

The RR unit has a plug ..plugs on top near the selenord..the stator wires have 3 wires which has guick connect connectors but they are hinging by a few strands ..can't I just cut them off and solder the 3 wires coming from the stator directly to the 3 wires coming out of the wiring harnesse..

Comment

Yes, you could do that, but please DON'T.

One of the three wires in the harness takes a side trip to a plug that is either under the tank or in the headlight bucket, depending on your bike model, and makes several unnecessary connections along the way. It is FAR BETTER to connect them directly to the wires that lead to the R/R.

As a half-way measure, you will find that one of your stator wires connects to a white wire with a green stripe. Disconnect that connection. You will find another wire that is white with a RED stripe that probably leads to the plug into which the R/R plugs. Find the bullet connector in that wire, disconnect it. Now, connect the stator wire that went to the white/green wire and connenct it to the white/red wire that is going to the R/R. Doing this will maintain your connector on the R/R, but your real goal should be to minimize the number of connections between the stator and R/R.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
        X